Senior Knitwear Designer
Client Overview: Our client is a men's and women's advanced contemporary brand providing top apparel and accessories.
Senior Knitwear Designer Responsibilities:
- Help with creative research and concepting of creative ideas in accordance with seasonal line plans specific to knitwear development
- Review seasonal yarn collections and choose appropriate yarns for the season
- Develop and launch stitch requests utilizing chosen yarns.
- Present focused design concepts to Design Director
- Prioritize developments in accordance with overseas deadlines
- Delegate and prioritize design workflow from associate designer, assistant designer, intern and liaise with cross functional PD, tech and pattern maker
- Name and set up all styles in the system inclusive of product descriptions and accurate sketches.
- Support Design Director in preparation of design meetings
- Prepare updated information on all design developments for weekly design ops meetings.
- Participate in pre-fitting all prototypes prior to proto review with the intention of making improvements and preparing solutions.
- Participate in styling and fitting of collection for show and/or look book.
- Participate in BOM reviews with an ability to make solution-oriented decisions on trim, counter sourcing, and sales call outs.
- Participate in all necessary SMS through TOP sample fittings.
Senior Knitwear Designer Qualifications:
- BA or BFA specialized in knitwear, Fashion Design MFA is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in knitwear designer capacity
- Prior experience managing and leading design assistants
- Strong Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Excellent flat sketching skills
- Excellent knowledge of patternmaking or draping
- Excellent knowledge of construction, sewing techniques and finishes
- Familiar with yarn mills, yarn capabilities and applications
- Excellent knowledge of both domestic and computer knitting machines
- Strong sense for color and understanding of how yarns dye
- Excellent ability to develop unique stitches and swatches with all types of yarn