Senior Knitwear Designer (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a Lead Designer for the Knitwear collections on both Womenswear and Menswear, reporting directly to Creative Director and Head of Design. The initial contract will be in place for 9 months. Please submit a link to your portfolio upon application.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage the entire development process from design concept to final product.
- Manage the critical path for the entire development process to ensure deadlines for raw materials, samples, fittings, and prices are met.
- Close dialog with suppliers, factories, pattern design, production team and sales team.
- General design related task within the department
- Manage Junior Knitwear Designer & Assistant Knitwear Designer.
- Designing 2 yearly collections and 3-4 capsule collections.
- Senior level experience in knitwear design for both Womenswear and Menswear.
- Present all sketches and design mock-ups to Creative Director.
- Source all yarns, sketch in Adobe Illustrator, allocate colours and create knit stitching instructions.
- Launch all seasonal swatch development driving newness through stitch, technique and yarn application.
- Create detailed technical packs for suppliers allocating styles to suppliers based on technical capability and brand objectives for the knitwear range.
- Communicating and developing all garments with overseas suppliers.
- Alignment within each design department (Women & Men) and cross alignment between the two.
- Participate in collection mood boards, prints and colors as well as collating all knitwear moodboards for the season.
- Lead knitwear fittings and maintain ongoing dialog about fits, shapes and details with Pattern and Production Team.
- Approve all colours/stitches.
- Inspiration and supplier trips, research for new yarns, stitches, details and silhouettes
- Participate in all development meetings along with Sales.
- Participate in the daily Design Team operation and preparations.
- Participate in handover production fittings and maintain communication with knitwear technician and Head of Production until production has been completed.
- You are well organised and able to prioritise the workload to meet set deadlines and range plans.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to lead a team.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- Must have a passion for Casablanca brand and clothing.