Senior Ladieswear Designer
Our client, a London-based fashion designer who has become synonymous with the ultra-body-contouring silhouette, creating sculptural statement dresses inspired by the feminine form is looking for a Senior Designer to join their team.
* Creating/visualizing an idea and producing a design and sketch by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD).
* Working with others in the design team to develop products to meet a brief provided by the creative director of planning and developing collection range.
* Liaising closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis including communicating rationale and making any necessary alterations.
* Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. Following pattern development, toiles and providing technical specifications for designs including specifying materials, production method and finish for aesthetic or functional effect from the production of sample to finished product.
* Selecting fabrics, trims, fastenings, and embellishments.
* Fashion school graduate
* No less than 5 years of experience in ready to wear
* Photoshop, adobe illustrator
* Experience using and collaborating with CAD
* Excellent organization, time management and team working skills
* Creativity, innovation, and flair
* Excellent research skills
* Excellent drawing skills
* An amazing sense of colour and a real feel for fabrics
* Ability to generate ideas and concepts