Senior Manager, Brand Marketing
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The JobThe senior manager, brand marketing will play a crucial role in continuing to grow the Rent the Runway brand, helping define how we show up in the world and communicate our unique offering. With a focus on top-of-funnel, brand-level marketing, this role will craft strategies that reach new customers in fresh, innovative ways - from national campaigns to targeted activations. With the ultimate goal of growing our subscriber base, this role will help give more women access to a smarter, more economical and sustainable way to get dressed.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and lead brand marketing strategies, executions and campaign development through a strategic lens on the consumer, that drives awareness, consideration and favorability
- Distill and craft inspiring creative briefs from breakthrough consumer, cultural and business insights
- Lead the brand marketing processes with the team and cross-functional partners (including growth, product, merchandising, creative), from concept, launch, iteration and optimization
- Measure impact campaigns have on brand health, and optimize for KPIs
- Contribute to annual and quarterly brand marketing plans, and own the deployment and ROI on our brand marketing budget
- Manage agency partners and lead requests for proposals (RFP) and onboarding.
- At least 8+ years of experience in building a consumer brand and growing consumer products / services, with expertise in strategy, marketing, research / insights, branding; advertising agency is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Previous experience managing people is a must
- Experience across all key marketing channels including TV, OOH, social, email, search, direct mail, digital, experiential, etc.
- Results-driven at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Dedication to setting and achieving quantifiable goals for all projects
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Proven project management skills and agile multi-tasker
- You must be a natural leader and team player who has a talent for building positive relationships across a wide range of stakeholders.
- You must be both highly-strategic and creative. You sweat the details and you must be fun to work with.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including exceptional proofreading skills
- Must be willing to travel as needed
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.