Senior Manager, Global Store Labor Planning
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.
Labor planning is critical to ensure that we have the appropriate people capacity to meet the need of the labor-driving activities. Ability to create labor forecasts aligned to financial targets is vital to the success of Nike Stores and imperative that we are able to produce for new stores, existing stores and future capabilities. Improved labor planning allows us to understand future labor requirements upon which strategic long-term workforce planning can be based.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are searching for a Global Store Operations Labor Planning Manager who will help build and drive a global labor planning strategy! You will lead an offense that will identify and manage the Global and Geo Business Requirements for Workload Management (WLM). You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional and geography partners to understand labor planning needs for new services, experiences and in-store activities (omni-channel, service programs, training, etc).
Nike retail drives the most innovative store concepts and services in the world. You will be a part of shaping the future of sport, driving frictionless retail store and digital experiences for the consumer while helping to create a world class environment for retail field teams across the globe. You’ll partner with the technology, training and development, and analytics teams to guide our strategic roadmap and ensure the success of programs, tools, services and spaces.
This role requires a strong combination of analytical, leadership and communication skills. The person we seek will be a self-starter with the tenacity to move ideas into action, and ability to work closely with cross functional teams to ensure transparency and connectivity. The right candidate will deliver comprehensive storytelling incorporating strong analytical thinking and a passion for retail. Success will be measured on the ability to assess, impact and influence change and drive adoption.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will work developing specific strategies around Labor Planning & Budgeting with responsibilities which include to:
- Build cross-functional partnerships to drive labor planning strategies
- Build the global Labor Planning & Budgeting roadmap of deliverables and milestones in partnership with geo and global teams
- Develop and manage a global governance for workload intake and continuous improvement
- Develop and implement labor budgeting to ensure geo and global teams can understand labor impact and the trade-off areas
- Maintains leadership orgs and store orgs while working with HR and cross-functional partners to determine change management opportunities and ongoing needs of the business
- Ensures all store activities can be accounted for across the labor ecosystem
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner with finance to provide global reporting and analytical support to monitor payroll budgeting, performance, and call out opportunities for improvement. You’ll establish global budgeting and forecasting processes with the Store Operations teams while regularly communicating to key partners and leadership roles in Nike Direct Stores. You’ll support the planning and implementation of the WLM framework for World Headquarters and field leader training and reporting.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher; or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- 5 years operations experience
- Experience working with workforce management (WFM) systems and/or labor budgeting tools
- Superior writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to coordinate the activities of cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Ability to work with high degree of independence while managing upward communication to management
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience building technical, process and/or program materials
- Retail management experience
- Understanding of retail store systems and equipment recommended
- Previous experience working on a global team/across multiple geographies valued
- Multilingual preferred
- Ability to travel internationally 10% and work occasional evenings and weekends
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.