Senior Manager II, Merchandising Planning - Apparel
What you'll do...
Want to use your critical thinking & problem-solving abilities to drive operational excellence in a dynamic and evolving omni-channel retail environment? At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better, which serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. How does Walmart deliver the best assortment and help the customer get what they need, when they need it, and where they need it? That's where you come in.
As a Senior Manager in Merchandise Planning, you are essentially the CFO of a multi-million-dollar category. You will play an integral role in a cross functional team by leading the omni channel financial strategy development for one of our merchandise categories. Leveraging data analytics, you'll drive sales growth while maintaining profitability in season. In the pre-season process, you will use historical trends to develop category levels budgets and foster a team culture of adherence and accountability to those plans.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You're a forward-thinker... able to quickly develop a holistic understanding of problems to develop innovative solutions
- You're influential... evaluating complex decisions and process improvement isn't easy, but you educate and motivate others to gain alignment through effective storytelling
- You're a self-starter... who can adapt to an ever-changing retail environment
- You have a strong understanding of financials... and, most importantly, how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, and tactics
- Providing data-driven insights to influence the deployment of key initiatives, strategies, that directly impact business results.
- Evaluating and reviewing business performance through analytics to understand what's working and not working, predict outcomes and generate insights.
- Becoming a valuable strategic partner by working across various internal teams to identify opportunities for improvement and collaborate on solutions .
- Communicating effectively to achieve leadership alignment and influence cross-functional stakeholders .
- Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments with multiple cross functional stakeholders and competing KPIs in pursuit of improve business outcomes .
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field and 4 years' experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area. OR 6 years' experience in retail, merchandising, forecasting, or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Negotiating terms and costing, Profit and Loss (P&L) Responsibility, Retail Link, Supervisory
203 SE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America