Senior Manager, Merchandising - Athleta Franchise
About the Role
The Franchise Senior Merchant will own and oversee the merchandise strategies for the Athleta Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role will be accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the execution of Franchise Market, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. They will partner with cross-functional team members to deliver Brand key concepts, key items, and assortments across multiple formats (SIS, FSS, Online) to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience. Initiatives they will manage and execute include development of franchise exclusives, regional assortment strategies, developing lineplans, and analyzing the business for product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights.
Position will be based in San Francisco HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Athleta Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Franchise Product Operations, Franchise Store Experience and Franchise Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Effectively liaise with Global Merchandising to influence and protect franchise specific needs while remaining aligned with brand direction and keeping assortment focused
- Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment
- Identify individual market needs, opportunities, and challenges to address future and in-season management needs
- Present, sell, and recap assortments to Franchise partners while influencing franchisees to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment for their market and to achieve targeted financial goals
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop and execute all necessary tools for Market Week
- Understand product trends, historical data, and departmental input at category/class level to make informed product recommendations using reports to influence internal and external teams
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of retail buying / wholesale merchandising experience and 1-3 years of management experience.
- Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Ability to delegate responsibility and decision-making appropriately to other personnel
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise
- Ability to travel Domestically and Internationally