Senior Manager, Operations
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The JobRent the Runway is seeking a Sr. Manager of Operations to oversee management departments within the Secaucus Distribution of Rent The Runway. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of multiple departments and ensure that Safety, Quality, Service and Cost targets are met. The candidate should champion continuous improvement efforts that meet the Company’s short and long-term growth efforts as it acquires more consumers. The Sr. Manager is an innovative leader that can drive sustainable growth and change through their departments and ensure top priorities are being focused on to meet department goals. The Sr Manager is expected to lead their team through challenging situations and achieve all goals and metrics along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Be a leader of leaders. Inspire a can do attitude and high bar of performance for your teams
- Develop a culture of safety by leading, maintaining and enforcing safety guidelines, facility cleanliness and security standards
- Actively seek, design, implement and manage continuous improvement projects for the organization and drive discontinuous solutions for their teams and departments
- Drive strategic and out of the box thinking for departments in order to achieve variable commitments to the business
- Build high performing teams and create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in our fulfillment center to provide feedback, drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Preparation of daily/weekly reports for the senior management team.
- Partner with cross functional teams and leaders to drive network wide changes
- Seek to improve both the operation and the business. Bring an eye for general improvements across the business and be willing to take on challenges outside of your direct role
- Be a leader of change
- Support managers in making real time operational adjustments across the business
- B.S. degree in business administration, manufacturing, supply chain or related field; MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of related experience working in a retail management, warehouse, fulfillment center or quality assurance capacity
- 3 - 5 years experience leading and developing people and teams
- Experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Leader of leaders
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.