Senior Manager, Visual Merchandising, Beverly Hills
Senior Manager, Visual Merchandising
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
About the role:
CHANEL Inc., a leader in the luxury good industry, is seeking a Senior Visual Merchandising Manager to ensure and maintain all aspects of Visual Merchandising for Retail Fashion Boutiques and Multi-Brand Boutiques within the Beverly Hills market. This would include Rodeo Drive Boutique, Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills and Saks Beverly Hills. This role will be reporting to the West Coast Sr. Group Director for Visual Merchandising. You will join a team of passionate, driven VM professionals upholding the CHANEL vision across all doors.
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- In collaboration with the Senior Group Director & Beverly Hills retail team, lead all Visual Merchandising efforts in alignment with our global partners vision for the house.
- You will take part in the buy process for your market in partnership with our merchandising team.
- This individual will have a passion for and have the ability to lead installation of décor, windows, events, mannequin changes, styling of props, lighting adjustments, cleanliness, and de-installations.
- Have experience with advanced VM standards, attention to detail, and championing the brand.
- Champion operational excellence around the coordination and facilitation of all launches, windows, floor moves and events in your network.
- Ability to lead VM training seminars for our in boutique teams to train on VM standards and also offer inspiration
- Lead floor moves and interior mannequin changes with the Boutique Management as per CHANEL guidelines.
- Management of multiple Boutique VM employees, and freelance VM.
- Participate in VM of Watches & Fine Jewelry where relevant.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure deadlines are being met around photo documentation submission and other tasks.
- Support West Coast VM community & Corporate teams across US with monthly travel.
- Partner with Retail teams and leadership as well as Merchandising, Operations, Boutique Architecture and additional relevant partners.
- Partner with CHANEL Corporate VM and Store Teams regarding execution, de-installation, seasonal “previews” and events.
- Comfortable ambiguity and working independently at times
- The opportunity to lead and inspire regional boutique teams to find the magic in VM
- A fast-paced and creative position that will continue to develop you
- A Brand that is embracing technology in store, including streaming fashion shows and digital visuals
- Training and Education opportunities for you to coach and teach boutique teammates.
- Expert knowledge of Merchandising, Retail Display and Fashion Styling.
- Strong negotiation skills accompanied by even stronger communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- A high level of responsibility and accountability.
- Highly competent level of computer and digital photography skills
- Minimum 7+ years of VM experience required
- Weekend and overnight assignments will be required
- Associates Degree in Display & Exhibition Design or Art/Fashion related degree
- Minimum of 7 years relevant work experience in VM and Retail Display necessary for consideration
- Must be willing and able to travel by airplane & automobile with a Valid Divers License / Passport, Reliable Car (local travel) & Car Insurance.
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per month within region
- The anticipated base salary range for this position is $80,000-$115,000 Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other forms of variable pay [may/will] be offered for this position. Other components [may/will] include bonus potential, benefits, and/or perks.
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.