Senior Merchandise Planner
The Senior Merchandise Planner will develop, execute and communicate merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of a department.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the financial success of a department by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory turn goals.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class.
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department and class.
- Create pre-season plans that support department strategies.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, forecasts in-season sales and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic styles and develop strategies to meet department financial goals.
- Own open to buy forecasts
- Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meeting
- Participate in company and Brand initiatives as appropriate
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Provide pricing and promotional recommendations that align with department financial goals
- Present financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings
- Support a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal development and training needs
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional team
- Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
- Provide site recommendations regarding product placement and maximization of trend performance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience
- 1-2 years experience as a planning Analyst or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationship with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
When you’re a part of our team, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our stores. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. At Home is committed to knitting diversity and inclusion into the fabric of our culture; we respect, appreciate and celebrate the experiences and qualities that differentiate everyone on the At Home team.