Senior Merchandise Planner, Global
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
Job DescriptionTo support the Joint Venture team ensuring that the business’ inventory needs are fulfilled and inventory is optimized. This role will work closely with Planning Manager to plan, analyze, and communicate inventory levels reacting to business trends from an analytical and planning perspective; managing OTB and analyzing sales at the gender/division/style/sku level. The Senior Planner is responsible for communicating and executing strategies for respective countries China and Hong Kong business channels (Normal stores-Retail/Franchisees/Wholesale, Outlet stores- Retail/Franchisees/Wholesale, and Ecommerce).
Essential Job Results
- Partner with JV (China team and HK/SEA team) focusing intensely on data integrity (sales, inventory, AUR, discount %, etc) for each business channel
- Partner with JV team (China and HK/SEA team) regarding sales budget/target, projected door count, and sku plans in order to plan sales and forecast appropriate inventory levels based on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results
- Drive execution on multiple business plans and projects and propose solutions whereas necessary with minimal direction
- Plans pre-season (via quarterly recaps, assortment audits) and maintains in-season data (via monthly OTB) by reviewing sales, profits, skus, inventory and identifying opportunities and risks at the gender/category/division/style/sku level
- Analyze booking reports to identify opportunity and make projections at the divisional level per channel
- Work closely with Planning Manager to manage monthly OTB for country and channels
- Partner with Merchandisers and JV team (China and HK/SEA) to communicate quarterly recaps, inventory levels, and OTB
- Take initiative to hold conference calls with the JV team (China and HK/SEA) on a monthly/quarterly basis or as needed
- Work closely with Merchandisers on key initiatives, providing recaps where necessary
- Ensure business needs are being met and execute planning calendar where necessary
- Liason and work closely with IT to identify systems, automate reports, continuous development and refining of planning systems and tools (reporting enhancements)
- Participate in company and brand initiatives as appropriate
- Bi-Annual Global Conferences (normal work schedule will be extended; so will need to be flexible on working hours)
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of systems, such as Apropos, Meta Cube, Microsoft Strategy and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel- advanced user, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Product knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years planning/analyst experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
Additional InformationPHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.