What You’ll Do:
- Manage a high volume, complex or multi-department area for omni business.
- Makes focused decisions based on brand integrity and company values.
- Set priorities, foster cohesion, and provide motivation to cross-functional teams.
- Assess the competition with respect to financial condition, trends, marketing, and product strategy; react accordingly to ensure market leadership.
- Develop and communicate a conceptual assortment plan for department needs that tie to financial expectations (style assortment, key item needs, retails, IMU’s, AURs).
- Performs research analysis of plus size market and identifies trends and opportunities that can be applied to the core customer, identifies key opportunities.
- Understand core customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage the selection of merchandise in a timely manner.
- Partner with Planning & Allocation to ensure the appropriate financial strategies and distribution to maximize sales, margin, and turn of the business.
- Develop and execute seasonal merchandise plans and pricing strategies.
- Determine quantities to order by style, size, and color; validate to Line Plan and OTB plan.
- Review the sales plan and make merchandising decisions in partnership with Merchandise Manager.
- Partner with production team to manage flow, timing of deliveries and cost/IMU expectations.
- Attend floor set to ensure optimal in-store setup.
- Validate space with assortment plan to ensure appropriate depth is achieved by store volume (size).
- Communicate with Product Management and Design on a recap of best and worst sellers.
- Maximize Web sales, margin and messaging.
- Partner with Merchandise Manager, VP, and marketing to identify product to be advertised.
- Manage, develop and educate direct reports.
- Provides guidance, mentoring/coaching, and feedback on direct reports performance.
What You’ll Need:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a merchant in a specialty store environment
- A proven track record developing and building an apparel business
- Experience in developing, preparing, and implementing tactical plans in support of strategic company goals
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability to identify trends and business opportunities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Possess a clear understanding of retail financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator
What You'll Get:
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.