Senior Merchandising Manager, Performance Footwear
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Job descriptionJOB MISSION:
Develop, direct and implement the New Balance Footwear seasonal Performance Footwear assortments for the NA region that are consistent with key brand initiatives and financial expectations. Led the region's Category short term and long term strategy through driving the Go-To-Market process and execution, in cooperation with the respective Global Merchandise and Global Business Units, and Regional Marketing Teams. Drive differentiation & product segmentation strategy for Key Brand Franchise models in the Performance Range. Drive model and style efficiency and eliminate product redundancy. Performance footwear category is inclusive of Running, Core Athletic, Performance Training and Industrial.
- Drive the footwear product segmentation strategy and provide strategic direction on distribution category mix for the NA region. This direction will be evaluated on Market Share achieving Market Share growth against critical KPI's.
- Develop Seasonal Assortments, from the Global Footwear product line, for the NA region inclusive of must win key accounts assortment that support key brand initiatives and delivers financial objectives across categories, price and margin, as well as turn.
- In cooperation with Global Merchandising, Global Business Units and Global Marketing, develop best in class Go-To-Market process, timing and execution. Evaluate and implement seasonal introduction strategy. Define key merchandising touch points and function ownership. Ensure alignment with a full head to toe vision in partnership with the Apparel Category merchandising team to support key drivers and "Head-to-Toe" merchandising.
- Develop seasonal story/product introduction timing and flow consistent with Customer Seasonality and balanced with supply chain capacity considerations, as well as brand and region margin, & turn goals.
- Drive model and style efficiency; tighter assortments, eliminate overlap between categories and price points, increase expectations within categories we compete - reduce non-strategic and/or non-high volume models, and increase style level expectations. Ensure a sell in to sell thru approach.
- Develop mid and long-term Performance category product line-ups that clearly communicate model/style lifecycle and category strategic intent.
- Track financial results by DTC channel against plan (annual budgets and 3yr OGSP targets); category mix, unit, revenue, go in and standard gross margin, ASP and forecast accuracy
- Track product sell through and market share by Product Line and Key Models (monthly)
- Drive Style efficiency KPI's adherence (pairs/style)
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Ourcorporatework-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we've designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
Regular Associate Benefits:
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Temporary associate benefits will be communicated separately.
ProfileREQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree required, with 10+ years of industry experience preferably in footwear and/or apparel buying and/or merchandising.
- Experience with product planning, sales forecasting and working to budgets
- Knowledge of Performance marketplace, range architecture, product assortments, concept drivers, and product flow.
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence, both formal and informal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the desire to build lasting relationships internally and with key retail partners.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential.
- Superior communication skills, especially presentation skills.
- Computer skills including advanced Excel
- Travel required