Senior Packaging Designer
Founded in 1985 by Frank Zarabi, FAM Brands provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners. Our unique performance materials and versatile apparel designs-along with our competitive pricing strategies-have enabled us to become leaders in apparel industry. Our ability to thrive, centers around impeccable design and excellent branding. Our designers and production teams collaborate closely with our factories to create exception fashion strategies and details. Our world-class brands include Marika, Balance Collection, Bally Total Fitness, Tehama, Peace and Pearls, Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Woolrich, and more.
We are the trailblazers for activewear. Champions of fitness. We're for simple, elegant and vibrant designs. Our employees are star-reachers, bridge-builders, leaders and teammates. We are family-owned and operated. We are FAM Brands. We are growing and focused on strategic initiatives. Our factories are safe and our employees are valued. We are worldwide, world-class, forward-thinking and forward-looking. We work hard and believe in the work we do. We're for executional excellence and achieving our dreams. We are FAM Brands.
POSITION TITLESenior Packaging Designer
LOCATION INFORMATIONBell, CA – This position cannot be done remotely
CompensationExempt, Salary + Bonus
BenefitsFull-Time, Regular Employees are eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits package including: Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Holiday, Company Holidays, Anthem Insurance Coverage for Medical (PPO & EPO), Dental (DPO & DMO) and Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Company Paid Life & Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k Match, Pet Insurance, Hartford Supplemental Insurance Policies (Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital), Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent), Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Onsite Food Options, and more!
Some Of What You'll Do
- Understanding of the brand(s) as well as the retail environments we sell in.
- Create compelling artwork and graphic design with a focus on print and packaging.
- Ability to work well in a teamwork-oriented environment through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Must possess strong design skills (typography, color theory, and composition) and contemporary aesthetic.
- Excellent attention to detail: Review and proofread designs for errors before printing/publishing to produce accurate and high-quality work.
Print & Packaging Artwork
- Create primary and secondary packaging artwork as they apply to the overall brand vision
- Create consistently tight files including detailed legends for packaging graphics, POP, POS and Hang Tags.
- Understanding of printing techniques and ability to problem solve around print limitations. Conceptual development, renderings, comps for new packaging and hang tag development.
- Product photography and photo-retouching with ability save images in the appropriate format for deliverable.
- Produce images that focus on product or convey the appropriate message for each brand.
- A degree in graphic design and previous experience in a CPG role
- 8+ years of experience
- Quick and accurate in Adobe, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Work constructively and efficiently under tight timelines on multiple projects
- Detailed and organized in all aspects of the job
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be directed and take direction well and follow through on all project needs
FAM Brands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FAM Brands makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.