Senior Packaging Designer
We are authentic, professional providers of fun, focused on building a Great Place To Work For All by staying true to our mission: 'Life's a Party, We're Makin' It Fun!' and 'So Much Fun It's Scary!'
At Spencer's and Spirit Halloween, we do the right thing always-integrity, fairness, respect, and transparency are our foundation. You will find our culture to be inclusive, passionate, resilient, and one that values differences and embraces all.
One Team / One GoalWe are leaders and owners of our business success. Whether it's developing new and exclusive costumes, quality testing products, or implementing technology solutions, our teams understand the value of working collaboratively to embrace change through innovation, curiosity, and thoughtfulness.
We Offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package That Includes
- Flexible work environment
- Career advancement
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holiday pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- 401k with a company match
- 30% merchandise discount
This position will support Spencer's & Spirit's packaging efforts. Will focus on packaging layout, translating existing license style guides as well as creating branded style guides.
- Develop and maintain style guide rollouts, creations, and implementation of designs across varied packaging types to create cohesive statements
- Develop and implement new and improved packaging for both Spencer's and Spirit, ensuring defined needs for ergonomics, aesthetics, manufacturing capability and quality are met from ideation through design and engineering
- Create packaging solutions to drive the look for in-store point-of-purchase, advertising, and other print/digital based consumer collateral
- Build, refine, and manage comprehensive packaging specification across categories
- Ensure creative is in line with overall brand parameters and guidelines
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with all members of the Creative Team, Marketing, Production, and Product Development to achieve project goals while working within brand guidelines
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, research, and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with others in the Creative and Marketing team
- Identify packaging trends and innovations, and recommend emerging packaging technologies to improve overall product value, performance, and cost
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field, or relevant work experience
- 6 - 8 years of experience with a focus on packaging design, layout and style guide creation
- Proficiency in all applicable MAC software (Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office)
- Fundamental knowledge of packaging substrates and end package types. Including: clamshells, blister packs, bags, corrugated primary cartons, folding cartons, header/insert cards, shippers and internal protective packaging
- Strong sense of design and ability to translate ideas into creative visual presentation and design solutions
- Highly efficient, with the ability to prioritize multiple details and tasks and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet demanding objectives