Senior Planner/Buyer (Wholesale & DTC)
We believe style and sustainability are inseparable. Vitamin A combines feminine design with sustainable innovation. All our bikinis and bodysuits are designed and produced locally in California from plant-based and recycled materials. As a proud member of 1% for the Planet, we give back to organizations who work to protect the oceans.
The Sr Planner/Buyer (Wholesale & DTC) is responsible for planning, procurement as well as Inventory management of Finished Goods across all Vitamin A products and throughout the entirety of a product’s life cycle in the Wholesale & DTC channels.
Key responsibility areas involve the elevation of the current planning processes by implementing and, whenever possible, automating best in class practices in the areas of demand planning, supply planning, procurement, inventory management and S&OP.
Through advanced analytical skills and proficiency in Excel (vlookups/pivot tables, etc), the Sr Planner/Buyer will develop executive dashboards to expedite effective supply decisions as well as functional reports to ensure the right balance between demand fulfillment and inventory levels.
The selected individual must be proactive, an independent thinker, detail-oriented, highly analytical, and a strong communicator who takes full accountability and ownership of the supply side of the business. This role includes detailed analysis, research, planning, forecasting, buying and strong relationship building and follow up skills.
The Sr Planner/Buyer is an individual contributor role and will report to the CEO as a key member of the leadership team.
Essential Job Functions
● Leverage historical data and market intelligence to appropriately convert the financial forecast into a unit/size level demand plan and the subsequent supply plan for launches and carryover products across DTC & Wholesale.
● Inventory management in support of strategic direction, line productivity, overall margin and turn expectations.
● In season allocation, replenishment and stock management to maximize sales across all channels and minimize aged, obsolete inventory.
● Generate and maintain accurate seasonal demand forecasts (tops down/ bottoms up), taking into account replenishment strategy and inventory risk.
● Manage the communication and drive the attainment of organizational goals for the following KPIs: FCA, Bias, ATS (OTIF) and Inventory Turns.
● Manage risk and production capacity challenges within the buy cycle
● Manage fabric and greige goods positioning in line with production cycles and “always on” programs
● Schedule and lead the monthly S&OP cycle: Demand, Supply and S&OP meeting, including the S&OP calendar and follow up with stakeholders
● Set up seasonal costing and margin evaluation tools to include year over year comparisons and analysis. Create process to understand margin mix from sell-in to sell-through
● Generate system and manual reports (for all channels) and provide analytical insights on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal basis
● Develop ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to support business objectives
Skills and Attributes
● Strong quantitative skills with the ability to analyze data/detail
● Advanced MS Office Excel
● SQL knowledge preferred but not required
● MRP experience (SAP, Oracle) or similar
● Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
● Ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner
● Strong organizational skills and self-motivated
● Ability to manage multiple seasons at various levels of development
● APICs certification preferred but not required
● Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience/certifications
● Minimum of 5+ years progressive experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Procurement or similar position in an omni-channel business (beauty/fashion industry preferred)
● Passion for sustainability and the environment
At Vitamin A, We Offer
● Purpose and passion for sustainability and the environment
● A hybrid work arrangement
● Half day Fridays before summer holidays
● Generous clothing discount
● Comprehensive health benefits that include medical, dental and vision. We cover 50% of the cost for you and your family
● 401K with annual company match and immediate vesting upon eligibility