Senior Product Designer
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
We’re looking for a smart and curious Senior Product Designer, with demonstrated expertise across the fundamentals of UX, UI, interaction design, systems design, and testing/research. Our Product Designers own the design process from end-to-end: tirelessly advocating for the customer from initial ideation and vision work, through discovery and design, all the way to user testing and post-launch iterations. We design for customers and prospective customers wherever they come to us: on our desktop and mobile websites, our iOS App, and in the communications that support our customer journeys.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the design leader within a cross-functional product squad, bringing products to life through user-centric designs
- Responsible for delivering all stages of the user experience, including contributing to product strategy, running design sprints, facilitating discovery meetings and vision-setting processes
- Gain a deep understanding of the core problems we’re trying to solve by conducting research to understand user goals
- Design meaningful customer experiences with measurable business impact that are as functional as they are inspirational
- Speak clearly to tradeoffs and the “Why” behind design decisions in terms non-designers can understand and participate in
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Utilize our existing design system and work with our Design System designer to introduce new patterns for reuse with the goal of creating a scalable, consistent, intuitive user experience
- Drive team-wide impact through mentorship, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration
- 5+ years of experience working in a mobile consumer-focused business/product
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Ability to critique the quality of both UX and visual designs to improve the final product experience creating immersive websites, mobile websites, mobile applications, experiential elements and paid media campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives and guiding decisions for new enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Figma (including prototyping) and UserTesting
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 1 day a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $129,600 - $162,000X. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.