Senior Product Manager - Warehouse Automation (all genders)
In your role asSenior Product Manager for Warehouse Automation, you'll be part of a high-performing product team responsible for providing integration and tools to run the latest warehouse automation solutions, ensuring the growth of our rapidly expanding fulfillment network.
Your mission is to discover, define, design, and deliver new and innovative ways to drive our intralogistics processes. You will be responsible for your own automation technology area and drive the degree of automation of our logistics centers by reducing manual effort and making things smarter for our customers and your colleagues.
We're constantly reinventing our products, our services, and ourselves for the good of our customers. That's how we identify and remove the barriers to inspiration and empowerment, as they emerge, letting technology and creativity set the pace.
When you can tackle new challenges and take ownership of your work, you have the opportunity to shape the future of our customer's experience.
INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groups
WHAT WE'D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
- Be part of the warehouse automation product team tocreate an automation productwhich serves the highest standards, is seamlessly integrated in our own Warehouse Management System [WMS] and supplier's Warehouse Control Systems [WCS] landscape
- You will work hand in hand with our logistics planning team toco-define the next generations of intralogistics processesat Zalando, including the management of our WCS suppliers
- You willdrive the future WMS designwith the help of dedicated software engineering teams as part of the logistics technology department
- A major contribution is accompanying theintroduction of your products into our warehouses(also onsite from time to time) to support the onsite teams and to ensure milestones are achieved
- Build, scale and continuously improve the automation area you are responsible for, to redefine the delivery experience of our 36 million customers, partners and day-to-day work of our colleagues in our logistics centers
- You will closely work with Zalando's Logistics Innovations team to elaborate together on new technologies, perform proof of concepts together and be responsible for the large scale roll out. Here you can go through the full cycle of discovery, definition, design and delivery to build great products together
- You define and own the Automation KPIs for your product to discover opportunities to improve the customer experience and business performance
- You have professionalexperience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- You areexperienced in working on backlogshands-on along the product lifecycle together with software engineering teams
- You feel comfortable in aligning andworking together with other Product Managers and Engineering/Product Headson overarching large scale products. You speak the language of business as well as engineering
- You have experience in WCS WMS integration or similar software system integration where also hardware was involved is a plus
- Your project management skills help you to deliver your product on time, even in challenging situations, with only a small budget in time and resources
- Your excellent negotiation skills turn tough discussions into fruitful decisions for progress. You're discussing on eye level with internal stakeholders and external managers of our suppliers. Ability to say no and stand your decision in the face of your internal and external stakeholders
- You quickly develop a strong understanding of your impact on our fulfillment landscape and utilize it for our customer's experience. You put the customer first and collaborate with your stakeholders to determine the best solution
- Your decisions are data-driven, you measure the success of even the smallest changes to proof we are building for the highest value items
- You're fluent oral and written communication in English, German language knowledge is considered as a plus
- Experience in (intra) logistics is a big plus
If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here's an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model with 60% (or more) remote per week, actual practice is up to each team to best support their collaboration
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
Learn all about Zalando and our values here: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/?gh_src=22377bdd1us
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.