Senior Product Owner, Data & Analytics (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
As the demand for technology continues to evolve, we seek individuals who bring a unique perspective and new ways of thinking to elevate the brand’s potential. Our team leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skills to create and iterate on technical solutions that drive growth for our business. We work cross-functionally within the enterprise to solve problems and bring creative solutions to life. Always connected by a bigger purpose, we keep the consumer at the center of everything we do.What you bring to converse
On the Converse Tech team, we seek individuals that have:
- solid understanding of our business; an understanding of how we create and move product, and how we serve customers.
- An agile mindset; familiarity with delivery within an agile framework.
- People leadership; managing with courage and acting with integrity and honesty, and creating an environment of inclusion and trust while holding yourself and others accountable.
- Cross functional collaboration and stakeholder management with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Technical literacy; a foundational understanding of critical technology concepts.
- An analytical mindset; the ability to acquire, visualize and analyze data to inform decisions; The ability to formulate and test hypotheses.
As a Product Owner on the Enterprise Data & Analytics Technology team, you will help support the creation, improvement, and adoption of Converse’s data products. You will focus on delivering scalable analytics solutions that drive business value for our Planning & Analytics function. You will work closely with the Lead Product Manager, Scrum Master, and data engineers in collaboration with stakeholders to define and prioritize features and stories to ensure alignment with business partner and technology needs.
- Work with Product Management and Data Engineering to ensure data products are integrated into the existing data architecture, and communicate the vision to stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Product Roadmap, highlight risks and dependencies.
- Own, maintain and prioritize the Planning & Analytics product backlog; facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects.
- Ensure team has the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable analytics solutions.
- Ensure the readiness of the work, accept or reject work results, and that the work is aligned to the Product Roadmap.
- Prioritize and make trade-offs based on understanding of strategies, epics, enabler requirements, defects, dependent teams, goals and the value features and stories bring to customers and the business.
- Assist in removing roadblocks for the Agile Team.
- Work with the data engineering team to ensure all stories are supported, clear, and delivered in high quality.
- Understand level of customer satisfaction and adoption of data products, and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Build and maintain end user documentation to support data governance initiatives.
- Experience working with large data sets and complex data models; business analytics background preferred
- Intermediate SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience working closely with a team of data engineers, and collaborating and managing relationships with business partners
- Understanding Agile principles and methodologies and how they’re applied
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Able to respond to and prioritize changing demands
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with analytic tools and languages such as Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, R, VBA, Python, etc.
- Passion for contributing to a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $128,750 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.