Senior Production Designer - Marketing
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The RoleIn this role you will be a member of a team who is the leader of brand voice, creative storytelling and expression across all brand marketing. In this role you will be developing seasonal brand stories, big ideas and innovative marketing programs to inspire customers and brand vision. You will create attention-grabbing ideas that will entice the consumer and develop campaigns designed to stand apart from competitors.
This role is based out of the NY or SF office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
In this role you will be a member of a team who is the leader of brand voice, creative storytelling and expression across all brand marketing. In this role you will be developing seasonal brand stories, big ideas and innovative marketing programs to inspire customers and brand vision. You will create attention-grabbing ideas that will entice the consumer and develop campaigns designed to stand apart from competitors.
- Serve as liaison between creative and production teams responsible for overseeing that all projects meet the highest print-ready technical standards while maintaining creative intent.
- Rework and implement procedures to ensure streamlined and efficient cooperation between teams.
- Design and execute production-ready marketing material, including in-store signage, windows, large-format displays, billboards, direct mail, promotions, and brand guidelines to create a best-in-class retail experience.
- Collaborate with marketing, visual, and copy teams to create an engaging and thoughtful unified in-store customer experience.
- Experience with graphic design, print production techniques, and the full Adobe creative suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong background in design as well as technical print production skills preferred
- Manage quality control mechanicals to ensure all files are released meeting Gap’s brand standards and vision.
- Design, develop, and maintain template system for in-store navigation signage.
- Create brand guidelines to deliver clear usage of seasonal campaign photography.
- Review and approve retouched proofs in collaboration with in- and out-of-house photo retouching teams.
Who You Are
- Strategic thinker
- Highly detail oriented
- Work well in a fast environment
- Strong Presentation/writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Anticipate operational/program issues and develops preventative measures
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.