Senior Programmer/Analyst, Enterprise Application Services
The Senior Programmer/Analyst will develop and support PL/SQL and web applications; write APIs, system interfaces and ETLs; and support a college portal, and various enterprise systems, services, and utilities as directed by the Enterprise Application Services [EAS] manager. It will maintain technical and procedural competence related to EA's operations while working within a high-paced, collaborative environment that includes emergency outage incidents. Work may be team/project work or independent, across multiple locations, and at times include irregular hours and/or on-call requirements.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide operational, technical, design, and programming support/leadership of 3rd party/custom apps/systems/services using standards/best practices/stakeholder coordination. Develop deep business/functional understanding of systems. Manage/administer EA systems/services as SME. Deliver high quality/tested code. Manage SDLC (specs, prototypes, database, ETL needs, launch). Analyze/optimize EA's systems' performance.
- Provide excellent customer/technical service, project work, per policies/standards. Resolve system conflicts, fix code, to ensure high uptime/on-time delivery. Respond to incidents. At times perform maintenance/outage support at irregular hours. Assist w/Tier 1/2 help desk support for new/reconfigured EA systems/services.
- Maintain EA's existing environment, working with vendors/3rd parties. Develop/implement new technology. Investigate problems; fix defects. Manage/support bug fixes/patches/migrations/upgrades. Manage issues/risk related to system performance/optimization. Maintain competence in related technology.
- Orient/train/crosstrain/mentor or assist in training appropriate stakeholders.
- Implement automation/improvement initiatives. Perform full SDLC/IT Governance activities. Follow standards/architectural guidelines to design/write code. Monitor/report on industry trends/technologies/standards. Review/recommend new versions/systems/modules/workflows for implementation. Execute operationally/technically on approved roadmap prioritized by Manager. Develop/implement technology and develop/update SOPs/best practices as directed by Manager.
- Write/publish guides/procedures/SDLC support docs/code docs, etc for existing/reconfigured/new EA technologies/impacted infrastructure. Annotate/categorize/store all code per SOPs. Provide docs/knowledge transfer to help desk staff. Provide operational updates/reports.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position. For detailed tasks and work instructions, click here .
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience (preferably within higher education) in both system/service support and development and software application design and development using current technologies, PL/SQL, web frameworks, and API libraries
- Proficiency with one or more Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] systems, preferably related to higher education such as Luminis Portal (Liferay), Banner, PeopleSoft, Jenzabar, Colleague, PowerCampus, Central Square, or similar.
- Development experience with Groovy/Grails and Web API development is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining applications/services/systems in the following operating environments: UNIX/Linux (Red Hat) and Windows Server, using Tomcat, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- Proven experience delivering technical guidance and collaborating with business stakeholders throughout all phases of the software development life cycle [SDLC].
- Experience with large scale databases - preferably Oracle (SQL Server is an added plus) -- and with writing and supporting APIs, system interfaces, and ETLs.
- Proven portal administration, configuration, and support, particularly using Internet Information Services [IIS], including single sign-on [SSO] & authentication administration (e.g. via WSO2, CAS, SAML, Shibboleth), as well as generation, installation, configuration, and updates of certificates.
- Experience developing XML is highly desired
- Ability to work under minimal direction, on multiple projects, and under tight project deadlines; lead or assist with emergency support as directed by the EA Manager.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
Please note all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the background check process.
Salary: $85,860 per year
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment. Hiring Salary: $85,860 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 96, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
Web System Specialist (CBA)
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage .
Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasionally lifting 10 lbs. or less.
In order to considered for this position, please submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Senior Programmer/Analyst (Web Systems Specialist).