Senior Project Manager, Store Design
an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents' effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company's guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation.
You areseeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You are responsible for the store design process from initial design concept through store opening, while maintaining the brand image for Full Price Stores, Off Price Stores and Travel Retail Stores for the International markets. You are the point person for all Consultants in order to execute the design per company specifications within set budgets and time frames. Numbers do not scare you! You understand that maintaining budget and adhering to schedule are critical to Store design/Construction. You will maintaining communication with International Partners and cross functional departments (Sales, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations, IT, etc.).You're also resourceful and collaborative with the ability to lead and mentor junior team members. A sense of humor is a plus!
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might be laying out floor plans, coordinating with architects, and reviewing Fit-out shop drawings. With your eye for detail, you can visit a job site under construction to ensure consistency with design standards. The consistent thread is that you'll be working with an amazing team of women and men who share your passion for excellence.
To Land This Role:
- Architecture or interior design degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a Project Manager position for retail projects
- Time spent in a traditional design firm and field construction experience are strongly preferred.
- Portfolio of both pure design and field experience
- Ability to develop concept sketches and work with tight deadlines
- Previous experience with International retail projects preferred
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Comfortable in managing projects partnering with teams located in different world regions (through photo documentations, conference calls etc.).
- Excellent proficiency in Autocad, Sketch-up, Photoshop, Microsoft Office is required.
- Highly organized and able to track schedules for multiple projects in various phases
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
Our Store Design & Construction team is a strategic group of creatives and project managers focused on providing a one-of-a-kind experience for customers from the moment they step inside our boutiques. We do this by building a welcoming store environment, bringing Tory's vision to life with unique displays and fixtures at every new location and with every renovation. Our work balances the dream with practicality — we care about the aesthetics and the electrical! — and we love taking a blueprint from concept to concrete reality. As we continue to expand our global footprint and scale, we invite you to join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact [email protected] .