Senior RTW Designer- Womenswear Fashion
SENIOR RTW DESIGNER- WOMENSWEAR FASHION
Our Client is seeking an on-site Sr. Ready to Wear Designer at their corporate office in Vernon, CA. This candidate will be managing the complete in-house design and development of contemporary womenswear fashion styles from concept to production.
Please note this is a Full-time IN-OFFICE ROLE.
- Collaborate with the Director to identify trending seasonal big ideas, key trends, and silhouettes.
- Design inspirational protos for seasonal conceptual meetings.
- Conduct competitive market research.
- Flawless execution of product and design vision from concept, sketch/design creation, through production.
- Prepare presentation boards (Sketches, washes, fabrics).
- Adhere to and enforce all calendar deadlines.
- Collaborates with internal partners (Design, Production, Development, Sales, etc.) and external resources (agents, suppliers, laundries, mills, factories, etc.).
- Monitors product category trends. Recommends product piece types for development and inclusion in the line.
- Complete spec/tech packages including technical illustrations, construction details, trim sheets, etc.
- Mentors, develops, and supports more junior team members as the team grows
- Prior RTW design experience in womenswear Fashion brands is a MUST.
- Prior experience in leadership roles and management is a MUST
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
- Knowledge in manufacturing with Domestic and International factories (including construction and fit) and component sourcing/manufacturing (materials development, duties, etc.).
- Proven track record in developing strong vendor partnerships while achieving financial objectives
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction, or material issues with vendors.
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Strong sketching and design capability