Senior Sample Purchasing Coordinator
Founded in 1971 in Somerset, England, today Mulberry is a truly global fashion company and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Across all locations, we are united by our employee values: Be Bold, Be Open, Be Responsible, Be Imaginative.
If these are values you share, we would love you to join our team.
The Senior Sample Purchasing Coordinator supports the team to ensure timely delivery and budget management for all accessory sample orders across the business. This includes but is not limited to showroom and press samples for the accessories and jewellery categories.
This is a 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure all showroom and press sample collections are delivered on time to appropriate warehouses and destinations.
· Overseeing Purchase Order management for Finished Goods and Raw Materials, ensuring calculations from BOMs are correct, in order to place PO's for all suppliers on time.
· Liaise with Raw Material and Finished Goods suppliers to ensure all materials have been sent and received to commence sample production on time.
· Pre-order materials based on usages and knowledge from previous seasons, alongside design influence.
· Seek innovative solutions with suppliers and internal teams to overcome any material or component issues that may arise, to ensure correct sample is produced on time.
· Liaise with finished goods warehouses to ensure all samples are booked in correctly and sent to appropriate destinations.
· Communicate and report sample status to relevant teams, keeping them informed of any potential delay to samples, with reasons.
· Control the level of stocks of raw material/components in all sample warehouses.
· Complete the bi-annual stock take, including reporting to Finance final figures and variances.
· Support the Sample Purchasing Manager with reporting of key KPIs over each season.
· Understand and demonstrate the Mulberry employee values and behaviours: Be Bold, Be Imaginative, Be Open, Be Responsible.
· Support Mulberry to deliver an inclusive culture, through behaving in a way that is open-minded and respectful towards others, and understanding that your views, opinions and experiences may not always be shared by your colleagues.
· Act as an ambassador for Mulberry and communicate positively about the brand.
· Participate in team meetings.
· Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders.
Skills & Knowledge required:
· Understanding of Raw Materials and Finished Goods Purchasing.
· Proven ability in producing accurate work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
· Computer literate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
· Comfortable working with large amounts of data.
· Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
· Able to identify problems both broadly and in depth and can use creative, logical and analytical approaches to identify solutions.
· Experience in a purchasing environment is advantageous.