Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The TeamOur Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business and support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance and the Business.
About The JobAs a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will spearhead and lead our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and developing tooling, policies, and processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, and performance. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of site reliability.
What You'll Do
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers and Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- You have 5+ years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment - traditional Data Center / COLO with Cloud Platforms
- You understand the cloud architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Your have programming proficiency is essential. Including but not limited to Java/Go/Bash/JS/Ruby/Python.
- You are comfortable with Docker & Kubernetes K8s
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux containers and container orchestration managers
- You have experience with a configuration management tool for automation and workflow development.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise and clear.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.