Senior Software Engineer – 3D Product Innovation
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can thrive in rapid change and make progress without all the details. This role sits in Global Technology, is embedded with Digital Product Creation, and involves designing and building digital concepts and software solutions for a range of capabilities that will transform the way Nike designs and makes products. Playing a key role in the research and development of digital tools, processes, and experiences, the ideal candidate is a problem-solver who is motivated to learn new technologies, communicate ideas and knowledge, and collaborate with teammates. They need(s) to be able to work with ambiguity and abstract requirements, developing features quickly, balancing speed with quality. Working on different projects, this role is for a generalist with experience with multiple technologies and/or domains and is unattached to a particular language, platform, or tool. The candidate must also understand the importance of protecting Nike’s intellectual property and highly confidential data.WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, you’ll be working with the Digital Product Creation team and implementing end-to-end solutions in support of Nike’s 3D ecosystem, inclusive of our back-end pipelines and user-facing tools. You will also work directly with our business partners to explore and prove the plausibility of concepts and potential solutions. Along with writing and deploying code, you will be responsible for technical design and feasibility, championing modern patterns and principles, and delivering value to the business quickly and without sacrificing quality. A typical day is a mix of hands-on coding, meetings with business partners, and team technical discussions. You will work in a 2-week iteration cycle and follow common Scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will be a part of the larger Global Technology organization, but embedded with the Digital Product Creation team and report to the team’s Software Engineering Director. You will work day-to-day with the team’s Technical Product Manager, peer engineers, and Designers on projects to achieve business objectives. You will also engage with other Global Technology functions and teams on organizational and technical goals.WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 5+ years of hands-on industry software development experience.
- Experience with 3D pipeline integrations (Python, C++, third-party APIs)
- Strong understanding of architectural design patterns and computer science fundamentals.
- Technical knowledge of common 3D production pipeline requirements
- Ability to both rapidly prototype and build robust, scalable solutions and to discern which approach is appropriate for meeting business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and business-facing.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a multidisciplinary team while also being able to work independently.
- Knowledgeable with Scrum development processes or similar Agile methodologies.
- A track record of working with ambiguity and getting things done in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Experience with distributed cloud systems technology (Java, node.js, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents) is a plus
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.