Senior Staff Design Technologist (Remote Option*)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike is a technology company. From our web and mobile experiences to the world-class digital tools and data that fuel them, our teams exist to empower every athlete* to make sport a daily habit. We’re inspired by the Nike legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we bring that level of innovation to our technologies.Who we’re looking for
You’re happiest working at the intersection of design and technology – through code and bringing experiences to life. You jump into the early stages of projects – mixing emerging technologies, rapid prototyping, and your own POV to come up with proofs of concept, mockups and artifacts that express the team’s vision for what’s possible. You’re the bridge between design and software – working with cross-functional partners to validate technological approaches and experience designs in a way that makes ideas tangible and gets teams excited to make the work a reality.Who you’ll work with
The Commerce Team is responsible for the UX and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible brand experience across Nike’s full funnel commerce experiences. The team defines how users discover, navigate, search, customize, find the right fit, and buy products on nike.com and in the Nike App. You’ll partner with design leaders and cross-functional partners across every commerce capability. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the Sr. Design Director of Commerce Design.What your responsibilities will be
- Ideating, prototyping and building/managing interactive and experiential products and systems
- Participating in concept development for experiences and working on projects – from ideation and design through implementation – that will be instrumental in representing the Nike brand
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders and engineering to create, refine, and maintain prototypes for evaluation and alignment across teams
- Developing a deep understanding of Nike’s products and ecosystem
- Creating project briefs and other written documentation
- Using your problem solving skills and new technology to make the impossible, possible
- Owning several projects at a time while working at the forefront of a new digital product design initiative
- Providing thought partnership for highly visible projects or initiatives
- Inspiring new ways of thinking and exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- Influencing team culture by always being inclusive, welcoming and candid
- Bachelor’s in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 6+ years of experience in creative technology or a similar role
- Strong product and UX sensibilities
- Portfolio of projects that show your skills as a technologist/developer/designer
- General knowledge in creative software such as Lens Studio, Unity, Unreal Engine, Disguise, Notch, Touch Designer, Blender, Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with web, backend and frontend technologies such as Swift, Java, Python, HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with projection, LED, LCD, dynamic lighting, multi-channel audio systems, supervisory control systems and other commercial audio-visual hardware, and how they connect
- Familiarity with backend infrastructure systems such as GCP/AWS
- Experience in product management and leading engineering/dev teams – including Agile methodology and JIRA
- Comfortable with code management and version control
- Experience with Windows, Mac, mobile, IoT and networking systems
- Fluency conveying technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience reading, creating and directing others in producing 2D/3D architectural and technical drawings for a variety of technical systems design needs and coordinating CAD/BIM projects
- Direct experience integrating technology as a component of physical space design and experiential environments
- Expertise in the current state of experiential design and technology
- Strong collaborator with designers, product managers, engineers, and operations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Passion for the Nike brand, sport and for creating high-quality work
*Remote Work Option – Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position has an annual base salary range of $163,000 - $269,500.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $193,500 - $321,000.
Information about benefits can be foundhere.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.