Senior Studio Technical Coordinator
At Next we have a great opportunity for a Senior Studio Studio Technical Coordinator to join our Photo Studio team as we move from our current studio in Hemel Hempstead to our new "Buzz" Studio in Leighton Buzzard. Initially you will work from our Hemel Studio then transition to the New "Buzz" Studio as it becomes fully operational (aim of October 2023). Working as a full-time Senior Studio Technical Coordinator in the Next Photography Studio, the right person will have a positive can-do attitude and will be helpful & willing to assist in all aspects of the Studio. Technical support from ordering, hiring and maintaining all photography and lighting equipment to digital workflow and Mac support
- Coordinate and oversee all technical operations within the studio, ensuring efficient workflows and adherence to quality standards.
- Manage and maintain inventory of equipment, ensuring proper organisation and storage.
- Ensure all aspects of the studio systems operate to their optimum at all times, rectifying problems quickly and efficiently in order to meet all business objectives.
- Build and implement system architecture.
- Maintain the Disaster Recovery strategies required by business continuity demands.
- Provide end-user desktop support.
- Provide a base contact point for system administration.
- Create reporting documentation that informs senior management of progress.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide timely solutions to minimise downtime.
- Collaborate with production, creative teams and other stakeholders to understand technical requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment usage, maintenance, and safety.
- Train and provide technical support to studio staff on equipment operation and best practices.
- Coordinate schedules and logistics for studio productions, including equipment availability, personnel assignments, and resource allocation.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends to recommend equipment upgrades or improvements.
- Support the Studio Floor Assistants with set changes, and studio service
- Deputise for the Studio Manager relating to any technical, maintenance or studio issues
- Have experience in a similar role or environment with a genuine interest in photography.
- Excellent knowledge of the latest hardware/software applications, including Capture One and MacOSx.
- Knowledge of networking solutions and camera tethering.
- Knowledge of the latest photography equipment and lighting would be advantageous.
- Excellent team player.
- Forward thinking, innovative & proactive in approach of all projects.
- Enthusiastic with strong motivational skills.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work outside of set hours weekends and various locations.
- Time management and excellent punctuality.
- Have some knowledge of the Next brand.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Be able to contribute and work effectively within a team environment.
- Be able to work well under pressure, have a flexible attitude and be responsive to change.
- Have a friendly, helpful and professional manner at all times.
- Have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking