Senior Surface Designer
In this role, you will drive the development of Surface identity for Performance Train/Studio, bras and seamless. You will develop seasonal artworks using a CAD systems to create repeats, colorways, and scale variations of both purchased and original artwork. You’ll need to partner closely with Concept, Surface Development and Design teams to understand the brand aesthetic to achieve iconic and flawless concepts.
- Work closely with the Surface Director & Direct Manager to create best in class, innovational print and pattern that aligns with Athleta’s brand vision.
- Build compelling and cohesive print and pattern narrative
- Implement 3D Software for print and pattern.
- Work closely with Surface development Team to ensure artwork is consistent with feasibility and cost parameters.
- Analyzes areas in need for innovation
- Encourages a culture of continuous improvement, productive thinking and collaboration within the Surface Design Team and Cross Functional partners.
- Accountable for process improvement, lean and sustainable practices to positively impact Athleta and the customer.
- College degree preferred but not limited to Fashion Design, Textiles or a related field
- 5 – 7 + years experience
- Awareness of development process for Print and Pattern, including color matching and creation of colorways (knowledge of Performance/Active market a plus)
- Highly creative with strong artistic skills, ability to translate high level concepts into commercial ideas.
- Expert knowledge of Fashion History, innovation, trend, culture, retails markets, knowledge of Performance based print and pattern techniques a plus.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems, NED, Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of 3D software a plus
- Excellent sense of design and color
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong time management & interpersonal communication and skills
- Strong ability towards strategy and future insights
- Positive growth mindset attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with business partners & teammates