Senior Tech Designer, Men's - Hybrid
The ideal Sr Technical Designer is detail-oriented, obsessed with apparel development and committed to providing outstanding customer service. They will lead a team of 6-8 Technical Designers and Assistant Technical Designers supporting 2 or more Nordstrom Made Brands.A day in the life
- Lead and mentor a team of Technical Designers through apparel development life cycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and external partners to ensure product is aligned with development strategies and business needs
- Collaborate stakeholders to streamline product development and production processes
- Build trusting relationships with suppliers and maintain close dialogue regarding capacity and calendar
- Align and deliver to agreed calendar milestones, negotiating when blocks occur
- Lead block pattern development and collaborate with Pattern Engineer and Design Team on brand benchmarks
- Conduct and analyze market research and drive recommendations
- Mentor team through wear test analysis
- Direct internal teams to maintain sample organization throughout development and production lifecycle
- Comfortably work across various categories and product types to support Technical Design team
- Proven experience in fit model go-sees and measuring live models
- Lead special projects as applicable
- Support the on-boarding of new-hires
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Apparel Design, Apparel Manufacturing, Pattern Making or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Technical Design or related field
- Ability to demonstrate capabilities through fit test
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
WA $92,000 - 155,000
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Learn more in the Nordstrom Benefits Overview by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://careers.nordstrom.com/pdfs/Ben_Overview_17-19.pdf