Senior Technical Designer
Senior Technical Designer (Consultant)
*Must be willing to come to office in San Marcos for fittings and picking up packages*
The Senior Technical Design is responsible and accountable for the fit of all garments and ensuring the ANR standard is set for all specs. They ensure construction standards are met through all categories by creating and maintaining all spec sheets, blocks, and technical sketches. The candidate will lead live fit sessions, working with design and production teams to establish consistency in fit and construction. This role requires good communication and problem solving skills.
The Technical Designer will have expert knowledge in fit, garment construction, patternmaking and grading, as well as required experience in knits, wovens, bottoms, outerwear, and sweaters. They have the expertise to mentor and influence at the Technical Design level in the organization to support growth within that group.
The Senior Technical Design reports directly to the Design Team Manager and works in collaboration with Designers and Product Development team.
- The Sr. Tech Designer is responsible for creating and organizing all past and current season specs, grade sheets, and blocks
- They are an expert in fit for all categories and stay up-to-date on any new technology to help with fit
- Create & maintain ‘How to measure guide’ for all categories
- Communicate weekly to ensure fit meetings are scheduled on-time
- Responsible for finding fit model that meets fit requirements
- Communicates directly with fit model to schedule and coordinate any fit sessions
- Ensures weekly communication with Design team to meet deadlines with the calendar
- Picks up any packages or attends fit meeting in-person when needed
- Updates spec sheets with comments and technical drawings/ pictures if needed
- Responsible for measuring all samples as they come in and providing comments back to team members in a timely manner
- All prototype garments are reviewed with Design for details and fit (if needed) when received. This role is responsible for ensuring all fit comments are entered with product pictures in a timely fashion according to brand calendars.
- All fit samples are fit with Design for design details and fit when received.
- Ensure the factories have all the information they need to make pattern and garment
- This position requires the addition of detail into design sketches as needed via the use of Adobe Illustrator. This is a mandatory skill set.
- QC any product that comes in off spec and report back to Production Managers spec difference to issue chargebacks
- They are responsible for ensuring all grade rules are correct in the tech pack to produce actual product compliant for fit in each size.
- They are accountable for collaboration with the offshore Tech Design Team to ensure the correct points of measure (POM’s) are used in the tech packs creating one universal global way of working.
- Works with designers every season to create new specs and walk through technical construction and design of garment
- This position is responsible and accountable to attend virtual fittings when needed.
- Expectations are to partner with leadership to develop a flexible work life balance while still driving closure to each style seasonally.
- Degree or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5-8 years of Technical Design experience in Women's sweaters, knits and wovens, required
- Strong patternmaking skills
- Illustrator sketching a must
- Strong understanding of garment construction
- Digital Patternmaking knowledge a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Alvanon form fit
- Highly analytical, problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, detail oriented and follow-up skills
- Working knowledge of Illustrator is a plus
- Able to adjust to the needs of the department in a rapidly changing business environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability manage competing priorities.
- A sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Responsible and accountable
- Ability to proactively problem solve
- Knowledge of 3D programs CLO 3D
- Computer Skills:MS Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Gerber, PLM, PDM, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, CLO 3D