Senior Technical Designer
ALEXIS is a high end women’s ready to wear business that sells to major department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman and Intermix as well as over 250 specialty boutiques around the world.
ALEXIS is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Senior Technical Designer to supervise the Technical Design Team (development through production) at the Department level. This Designer is responsible for managing a peak performing team that delivers exceptional fit and high quality construction details in women’s apparel. The Senior Tech Designer is an integral contributor to the development and execution of department strategy for fit, sizing/grading, product construction and process effectiveness.
This person should thrive in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment.
This role will report to the Director of Technical Design.
- Manages Technical Design strategy, operations and methods, measures effectiveness to increase accuracy and productivity while meeting very tight production deadlines.
- High level of complex technical problem solving.
- Impeccable time management skills with great sense of urgency
- Ability to manage timely but effective fittings with guidance on correction requests on daily basis
- Evaluate tech packs to ensure comments are thorough, accurate, and complete for overseas factories
- Maintain daily communication with internal and external teams to ensure production is on schedule
- Ensures execution of design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining brand aesthetics and quality standards
- Develops and maintains fit protocol and standards for brand.
- Protects brand integrity through fit continuity: development and utilization of blocks (if needed) and specification standards within designated product category.
- Drives for continual improvement and innovation to enhance product quality, fit and process effectiveness.
- Encourage team atmosphere within area and across product categories; fosters open communication and team environment with all business partners; receives constructive feedback professionally.
- Mentor and thought partner for team and business partners.
- Holds self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Minimum AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Pattern-making and 8-10 years of Apparel Technical Design.
- Experience in a management setting preferred.
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction, and fit for multiple and complex products.
- Specialist in fit / knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Fluent in product pipeline processes and cross-functional roles & responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong managerial, influencing, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interface effectively with senior/executive leadership.
- Proven ability to build peak performing teams and lead teams through change.
- Strong people assessment and development skills.
- Critical thinking and strategic analysis/planning with a holistic approach.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Computer skills (preferred programs: computer pattern programs, such as Illustrator, Gerber, Lectra, PDM, Tradestone, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word).
Full time and On-site position only. Relocation assistance to Miami, FL.