Senior Technical Designer - Men & Women's Apparels
The Senior Technical Designer will be assisting Senior Designers on all technical aspects of product created for private label brands. The person will be responsible as a hands-on to work closely in developing new product lines along with Senior Designers. The person will work cross-functionally in a collaborative fashion with key partners in Design, Production, Product Management, Sales and other relevant teams within ATHLUX Design Studio to effectively create merchandise from concept to final delivery.
- 9+ years of experience in technical garment design in activewear for Women’s, Men’s and children experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field required.
- Must be proficient in 3D Browzwear Design, PLM, illustrator, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze quality and maintain standards with factory.
- Team-oriented, entrepreneurial, proactive attitude.
- Expert knowledge of fabrics, construction, finishes, trims, fitting, and techniques.
- Expert knowledge in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit; Ability to make pattern adjustments.
- Ability to manage and mentor less tenured teammates and share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Mass Merchant retailor experience a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Looking for a great team player with ability to multitask under pressure.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables you to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- · Oversee and create technical packets ensuring that all details are commercially viable with the factories and are the most cost-effective. Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standards.
- Collaborate with team members and cross-functional team members to gain clear direction and consensus of design and fit intent.
- Identify potential production, quality, and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Work closely with design and production department throughout the development process to ensure communication of potential production quality issues.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories.
- Lead and schedule fit sessions and takes initiative as the fit expert of all products.
- Build and maintain fit base Libraries including sketches and finished garment measurements.
- Ability to benchmark fit analysis and construction with market if needed.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own products.
- Identify and proactively engage business partners and clients when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions.
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in process reviews and suggest ideas for improving procedures; Help ensure processes and procedures which have been established are being followed by the team.
- Assist other team members with pattern and grading questions and concerns.
- Review the work of less tenured colleagues and guide them through any discrepancies they may encounter to help them learn and grow.
- Must be able to commute daily to Mid-town New York, New York.
Established in 2016 in DUMBO Brooklyn, New York ATHLUX Design Studio is a division of Classic Fashion Apparel, Jordan. ATHLUX Design Studio specializes in the design and development of a diversified portfolio of men’s, women’s, and children’s activewear, sportswear and outerwear.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Function: Design