Senior UX & Product Designer
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
- Test the validity of assumptions with regard to user behavior in real world tests with actual users at each stage of the process - requirements, concepts, pre-production models, mid-production, and post-production. Analyze test data to: 1) confirm or modify the original requirements; 2) design and deploy iterative improvements.
- Continue to refine, analyze and improve the online shopping experience through an efficient process of evaluating issues and spec'ing solutions for development.
- Brainstorm, iterate, and design innovative user interfaces that are focused on ease-of-use and improving the user experience for our customers.
- Wireframe, build interactive prototypes, conduct user testing, and refine these ideas to solve various interaction challenges through user testing.
- Work with, communicate, and deliver detailed specifications to members of our development team.
- Prepare and present all stages of the design process to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Create and deliver optimized graphics, icons and other assets for projects when necessary.
- Provide polished, hi-fidelity mocks and final assets that adhere to our brand aesthetics and guidelines.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for user centered designs, prototypes, mock-ups and wireframes for website & app improvement projects. They are also responsible for designing and conducting web usability testing, as well as metrics setting and monitoring for assessing the usability and success of each improvement. In collaboration with development, digital experience and upper management, they help determine and create the scope and specifications for each website/app improvement. The ideal candidate possesses a strong knowledge of prototyping, wireframe and design tools, and user research and testing. They are also knowledgeable in integrating user-centered design principles into new and existing consumer touchpoints across all platforms, using clean, usable and hierarchical designs in our multi-channel environment. They should have excellent communication skills, allowing them to effectively communicate with all areas of the business.
- Portfolio showcasing design projects, with a focus on mobile web and mobile apps.
- This role requires creativity in UX, CX, UI, and visual design.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of user experiences across all technology platforms, technical understanding of ecommerce tools, critical thinking and KPI analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, and leadership abilities to drive positive change.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience user testing on a variety of platforms including iOS and Android.
- Proficient in Sketch and InVision.
- Previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards.
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator across product managers and development teams.
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.