Senior Visual Merchandiser
Job descriptionThe role
Reporting to the Lead Visual Merchandiser the Senior VM will combine a data-driven approach with a visual strategy to ensure that presentation of the online assortment, including product information, category information and website merchandising is maximised to drive online conversions.The VM will work closely with Product, Buying, Merchandising, Creative and Content teams
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it's the kind of vibe we're all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee all products to website ensuring, in conjunction with the wider ecommerce team that all product assets are complete.
- Understand and utilise the insight from analytical merchandising with the creative needs of the Brand, Products and Markets to deliver a VM approach that helps to achieve KPIs, sales, productivity, and profit.
- Work alongside the VM team to merchandise all products to maximise sales and site aesthetics, within brand guidelines.
- Full site audits, ensuring all current stock is displayed online correctly.
- Manage trading activity to ensure rules and modifications are deployed on time
- Work with the Creative team and VMs to ensure all options are online on time and that styling, and retouching is correct and to guidelines.
- Work with B&M on new product launches and sale/promotion events as well as any issues on current stock.
- Review onsite search behaviour to gain an understanding of keyword queries and manipulate the products within the search pages to drive conversion
- Actively monitor product sorting within categories and on the search results page utilising redirects and facet creation to assist with customer journey.
- Drive changes to online category strategy based on customer and competitive insights, brand strategy and e-commerce goals and initiatives.
- Providing the Lead Visual Merchandiser with support in larger business projects.
- Assist in establishing strategies, identify opportunities, seeking out efficiencies and delivering the team objectives.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- Extensive experience in digital visual merchandising preferably in fashion or retail
- Strong understanding of the user behaviour and the ecommerce landscape
- Good analytical skills and strong commercial gravitas
- Understanding of merchandising reports and good use of these to achieve KPIs that deliver success
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, often while working independently
- Energy to get results in a fast paced, dynamic business
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Fred Hopper & Google Analytics would be preferred
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.