Senior Visual Merchandiser - Food, Wine & Confectionery - 12 Month Ftc
Job descriptionSenior Visual Merchandiser - Food, Wine & Confectionery - 12 Month FTC
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
We are looking for a Senior Visual merchandiser to join our team.
- This hands-on role supports the day to day running of the Visual Merchandising team.
- This is a Senior Visual Merchandiser role who supports the VM Manager.
- The aim of the role is to support the delivery of excellent VM standards and guides the Visual merchandiser in planning their day to day actions.
- You will be a key part of the team.
- You'll be attending a weekly 1-2-1 with your team and your Manager about current and future schedules.
- You'll assist with the VM presentation of your area (supported by the VM Visual Manager.
- You'll also assist with product presentation and the setting and agreeing of standards and benchmarks against competitors.
- You should be proactively involved in implementing themed installations within your departments, working within a cross-functional team that is able to
- You'll work with the Visual Merchandiser and the Retail Operations team to build on their understanding of merchandising standards and maintenance.
- You'll also work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree brand adjacencies and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential.
- Along with your line manager, you'll regularly perform comparative 'shops' of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction and key brands.
- These will be driven by floor walks in store.
- On floor walks, you'll need to work closely with Retail Operations and the Buying team, identifying commercial opportunities and monitoring department performance.
- You'll need to build good relationships with these teams to put actions in place.
- You'll have weekly updates with the Stock Control team, ensuring stock is returned and booked back in, and communicate updates as required.
- Be a good representative of the Visual department.
- Consider both the internal and external customer in all activities, including department layout, merchandising and presentation.
- Maintain all vinyl signage and branding; including ordering, installation and delivering consistent standards.
- Perform floorwalks each morning to check and maintain basic recovery standards and make sure that actions are carried out prior to store opening.
- Assist and support the Senior Visual Merchandiser and your line manager in communicating standards and guidelines.
- Ensure your area is organised so it runs effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate good standards in the Visual studio and storage areas and with fixtures and tool kits.
- Comply with our Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures and 'We show respect' to your tools, equipment and environment.
- You must also work to our company policies and procedures, e.g. absences, time, attendance and holidays, etc.
- Good Understanding of Food Hygiene policies, cross contamination, and food handling procedures
- Food Technical requirements, materiality's guidelines
- Food safe VM tools and properties
- Specialist knowledge of Fresh and Ambient product
- Peak product sale time and customer sale habits including faith specific food habits
- Food Calendar events, pancake day, thanksgiving, Eid etc
- Basic understanding of Ventilation with regards to Food displays in counters
- Good planning and organising skills
- Creative understanding and the ability to translate this into practical solutions
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.