Senior Womenswear Designer - Raey
At MATCHESFASHION we are on a mission to offer the most personal luxury shopping experience in the world. We are renowned and respected for the relationships we build with clients and our brand partnerships. To achieve our ambition, we capitalise on our unique combination of technical savviness and global innovation mixed with curated content.
MORE ABOUT US
We bring together a modern edit of over 700 established and new generation designers. Founded over 30 years ago as a brick and mortar store, we transitioned online in 2012. In 2017, APAX Partners acquired a majority stake in MATCHESFASHION, fuelling our expansion. We now ship to 176 countries, have over 70 million site visits and 95% of our sales are online with the majority of sales made internationally.
We have a global website, mobile apps, retail stores, private shopping, VIP events and 24/7 customer care and MyStylist teams. We have offices in the UK and Hong Kong. In London, our head office is based in The Shard, our brand-new creative hub is in Here East and last year we launched No.5 Carlos Place, a completely new retail concept combining digital and physical interaction.
We lead the way, moving our industry forward, and we are always looking for talented individuals to come in and inspire the world with us.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority for MATCHESFASHION - we delight customers around the world and so it's important that our team represents our customers.
We want to attract the very best talent and create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people and enables them to do the best work of their careers. We recognise the world is not a perfect place and that bias exists, which is why we take a focused approach in this area and are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Raey is the house brand at MATCHESFASHION.COM. It is designed, sourced, developed, fitted and produced by the team in the Raey studio. The team are housed in the Raey Studio within MATCHESFASHION.COM headquarters at The Shard. The studio is open plan and all departments work closely together and collaborate on a daily basis.
- We are looking for a highly creative Womenswear Designer who can think outside of the box.
- You will have an elevated aesthetic and experience in the premium & luxury sector and you will understand the Raey brand, why our offer varies from other brands etc.
- You will be responsible for designing ready to wear garments (all categories) & collaborating with the product development and technical teams. The process is driven by the Creative Director, but we are looking for someone strong,able, able to work autonomously and keen to bring new angles to the Raey aesthetic.
- You will be a key contributor in building an innovative, sustainably sourced, commercially balanced range, consistently introducing fresh ideas to the product offer and being key in delivering a range in keeping with the Raey aesthetic but adding extra interest for our customers.
- You will have a strong design identity, a high level of awareness of seasonal shows and instinct for trends and directions in line with the Raey brand, as well as a strong commercial understanding of what customers want to see online and instore
- Work collaboratively with Creative Director from concept to completion aligning on seasonal direction, timelines and customer insights.
- Research seasonal theme and inspiration, fabric and colour concepts in collaboration with the Creative Director via fabric fairs, shopping and visual research etc.
- Developing design through sketching, draping on the stand and other creative mediums. Produce clear illustrations and technical sketches, communicating details in order to develop accurate first toiles and assisting tech team in creating specs/tech packs for factories.
- Work closely with Product Development, Garment Tech teams and Pattern room, managing the shape development and fittings process making sure the critical path is adhered to.
- Participate in fittings with a high level of confidence, developing styles from sketch to sealing - keeping in mind brand identifying fits and detail preferences.
- Maintaining contact with external suppliers, visiting when necessary, and ensuring they have all relevant design information to make samples.
- Work on colour palettes and put lab dips into work in correct yarns and fabrics. Work on prints and trims for the collection.
- Be engaged with Raey's social and environmentally responsible sourcing policies.
- Maintain awareness of market information influencing consumers and knowing the brand's best seller products in order to filter into the design process creating move-ons and 'friend' products.
- Work with Creative Director & merchandising team on planning the range in line with buy plan.
- Preparation for presenting collections to the Creative Director and Merchandising teams as required.
- Input into copy for online selling, responsible notes etc
- Check the Raey page and flag any product information or description discrepancies, errors with styling / product online etc.
- Regular visits to Matchesfashion stores to remain in touch with the shopping environment. General day to day administrative duties, archiving collection work, maintaining samples, keeping design boards and working space tidy.
- You must be a good collaborator, and able to work into the Creative Directors vision.
- We are a small team, so 'getting your hands dirty' is part of the job, it is very much an environment where we all pitch in to get the job done.
- We are looking for someone humble, confident and kind - you must love fashion, be excited by it, enjoy surprising customers and have a personal style which can adapt to work effectively with all team members.