SuitShop is a US-based e-commerce suiting company–the first online brand of its kind, offering high quality, size- and gender-inclusive suiting at an affordable price point. With three brick-and-mortar showrooms in Denver, Chicago, and Philadelphia along with tech-driven online sizing solutions and best-in-class customer service, SuitShop is experiencing record growth and is excited to bring new Showroom Managers onto the team. SuitShop is focused on career development, and all team members access unique opportunities to participate in and learn about all aspects of an apparel tech start-up.
SuitShop offers $199 suiting made for anybody & everybody. Originally named The Groomsman Suit, SuitShop was born out of co-founder and designer Jeanne’s (not-so-great) experience suiting up her own wedding group in rental tuxedos. Childhood best friend Diana, graduate of MIT’s Sloan School of Business, joined to pioneer a new path in special-event suiting.
Since then, SuitShop has secured a place amongst the leading wedding industry brands, expanded to serve special occasions beyond weddings as well as everyday suiting and more, and opened three physical showrooms. We’ve grown an incredibly strong online presence and suited up over 100k people. And we’re just getting started!
About this position
The role of a Showroom Manager at SuitShop involves assuming overall retail management responsibility for a single showroom, ensuring exceptional operational and commercial standards within agreed budgets. Leading by example, the role focuses on maximizing and driving store sales, performance and profitability through strategies that drive store traffic, successfully completing group and individual fittings and networking with complimentary wedding brands and professionals in the area, ultimately delivering SuitShop's key business objectives.
- Report and deliver on the retail strategic plan. Achieve plan targets that will be provided monthly based on business growth trends.
- Become an expert on our product and services to deliver ultimate levels of customer service.
- Fit and talk with customers enthusiastically and resolve any issues or concerns they may have. Assist with styling suggestions, fit recommendations and up-sell opportunities. Exude the "above and beyond" brand philosophy through your customer service efforts.
- Plan and execute a post-appointment communication flow to generate sales and provide support to your showroom clients.
- Ensuring the showroom exceeds weekly online customer service ticket KPI’s providing phone, chat and email support through our portal.
- Research and regularly attend wedding expositions locally to generate new customer leads.
- Network with local wedding professionals and add new connections to SuitShop Insider program.
- Ensure showroom replenishment procedures are in place to ensure sizing/fit options are always available to customers as they attend fittings.
- Process shipment deliveries, maintain stockroom organization. Order fulfillment for special and urgent orders in a timely manner.
- Recruit and retain top talent to assist in the day to day running of the showroom.
- Train, develop and act as coach for all/future members of the store team to ensure high performance and productivity at all times.
- Write and communicate Annual Performance Reviews for the team.
- Plan and execute the showroom team work schedule on a monthly basis to ensure optimum coverage during busy periods including evenings and weekends.
- Attend monthly team meetings and provide thorough updates to the team regarding store stats and events.
- Maintain high visual standards throughout the showroom so the collection is presented in a way that delights our customers. Suit & shirt try-on samples must be pressed/dry-cleaned to ensure they are in quality shape for fittings.
- Use independent discretion, judgment, and management skills during the time at work, and in all aspects of the job role.
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with Showroom Manager counterparts throughout the country to ensure the showrooms are operationally cohesive.
- Passionate Advocate of SuitShop Brand.
- An experienced manager (3-4 years) in a retail environment preferred.
- An inspirational leader who can work independently and bring new ideas and strategies to the growth of the business.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of improving sales figures and KPI achievements.
- Proficient in dealing with and resolving dis-satisfied customer complaints or misunderstandings.
- A strong verbal and written communicator.
- Experienced in visual merchandising.
- Experienced in stock management.
- Knowledge of POS, Microsoft office, and basic computer skills (including iPads, Internet)
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, and holidays.
What We Offer
- Health Benefits, excellent basic salary (determined by location and experience) potential future equity vesting for full time employees.
- Onboard training in key business applications such as Shopify, Gorgias, Aircall, Inventory Management tools and social media channels.
- Employee discount and a clothing allowance for Full Time employees.
- Paid Time off
- Wellness and professional development reimbursements are available.
- SuitShop is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: This document serves only as a sample of job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.