Smartwool: Senior Illustrator and Textile Designer
Smartwool:Senior Illustrator and Graphic/Textile Designer
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
The Senior Illustrator and Graphic/Textile Designer works closely with the Design Director and Senior Design Leads to create and manage all print designs for the product line to include fabric, graphic tees, socks and patches and will lead the seasonal creative kick off process. This role is responsible for design excellence and execution from concept to completion for print and knit patterns across all categories. Responsible for managing and generating presentations and video content that align with brand creative direction specific for product development team when needed and will include all graphic design tasks and generating creative ideas for presentation
How you will do it:
- Will execute and manage all graphic content, illustrations, and pattern design within Shima Seki system and adobe illustrator or photoshop and bring storytelling of seasonal trend to life through all graphic concepts on product including colorway generation.
- Will partner to create seasonal trend/mood video and lead creative work through design contractors ensuring brand consistency and brand language throughout all presentation work.
- Will develop and define illustration and print best practices and processes to ensure consistent and cohesive work between different artists and contractors and will ensure calendar adherence to all updates and adjustments.
What success looks like:No more than three sentences on what success looks like. Quality over quantity. Ensure your definition of success is clear and accurate as this may be used as a performance measure by your employee.
- Highly artistic with the ability to diversify hand as needed and turn concepts and ideas into marketable and saleable graphics.
- Understands and answers product briefs as it relates to graphics, knit design or presentation creation
- Works directly with development team to ensures accurate execution of all knit designs specific to socks and classic merino thermal collection.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of related professional experience:
10+ year's professional experience in illustration, graphics, and print production
Educational position requirements: A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Strong background in overall design, with an emphasis in illustration, textile pattern creation, knit design and print production
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills/ experience
- Excellent conceptual and artistic skills with an emphasis in digital design skills on a variety of platforms
- Expertise in all current Adobe CC application including premier pro for video creation
- Shima Seki 3D CAD design software required
What we will teach you:
- Color theory for men's and women's collection
- 3D software needed to execute final illustrations for sell in tools
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
Join the Smartwool Family
We makeMerino wool socks and apparelto fuel adventures outside. Because we want to help you go far and feel good. As a company, we live by our values, every day:OpennessWe strive to be more transparent every day. From sharing more about our supply chain to simply letting people know the direction we plan on heading; we want to build and maintain trust with our customers and friends.AdvocacyWe believe in doing everything we can to sustain and preserve our one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring environment. From building trails to partnering with organizations that protect nature, the Smartwool community wants to help give everyone the opportunity to experience the joy of the outdoors.ActionWe relentlessly pursue our goals. It's one thing to say something and it's another to do the thing you say. We want to back our desires with actions that put things in motion. We know that the most difficult problems are always the most rewarding to solve.InclusivityWe believe that the outdoors belongs to no one and, at the same time, to everyone. We believe in being compassionate, actively kind, generous, and accountable to everyone. What's the good of creating all of this if we can't share it?Fun-LovingWe got into this whole thing (socks, base layers, etc.) because it's fun to be outside. We hope to never lose sight of the thing that inspired us to create all of this-the joy of being in wild places. We want our gear and culture to inspire joyful, spontaneous, and wild moments in the outdoors for everyone, including ourselves.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, please note it is a condition of your employment to abide by Company policy, including VF's COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Policy. In accordance with the policy, absent need for reasonable medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law, all eligible associates must present proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment. A copy of the policy and state specific addendum is attached for your reference.
What's In It for You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on "Looking to Join VF?" to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. It's a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?
$66,528.00 USD - $99,792.00 USD annually
Annual Incentive Eligibility:
This position is eligible to participate in a VF Incentive Plan. Detailed information on incentive plans will be provided during the recruiting process.
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clickingLooking to Join VF?Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
Please note, that our salary ranges are based on market pay data and geographical differentials. In determining the compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.