Job descriptionJob description
We are seeking an experienced Technical \/ Software Architect (Solution\/Digital) to join our digital team at a very exciting time as we continue on our major digital transformation program. As a Technical Architect, you will work within the digital team to design, innovate and scale architectural best practices around building and operating serverless applications for Superdry. You'll work closely with the DevOps\/Agile teams owning the technical software solution, getting your hands dirty when ,required and ensuring that the team use tup-to-date to date tools and techniques to deliver excellent digital solutions across our digital channels.
- You will work within the digital team to design, innovate and scale architectural best practices around building and operating serverless applications for Superdry. \t
- You will continuously sharpen and leverage your expertise with cloud-native serverless technologies like AWS and API Gateway, as well as a wider ecosystem of tools including but not limited to Amazon SQN and SNS, Amazon Kinesis etc. \t
- You will leverage your expertise to guide the microservice development projects globally, design customer centric solutions, devise strategy and provide thought leadership on the serverless application lifecycle. \t
- Internally, you will be the voice of the digital development squads. \t
- You will drive the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures. \t
- You will participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment into various environments. \t
- You will code!\u00a0
- Strong experience with designing, building and architecting a microservices solution in AWS \t
- Hands on experience developing or managing with Serverless technologies or working with \u00a0technologies such as: Lambda, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, MQ, and\/or Step Functions. \t
- Exposure to developing or managing event driven architecture or microservices \t
- Knowledge of analysis, design and architectural patterns \t
- Excellent understanding and experience of implementing CI\/CD best practices \t
- Experience working in commercial, customer driven environments ideally within online\/retail\/eCommerce. \t
- Experience of working within a fast paced agile software development team \t
- Experience of leading and mentoring a multi-skilled software development team \t
- Having the capability to see the wider picture and implement improvements \t
- Ability to communicate with individuals professionally at all levels
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, we also offer a holiday buying scheme \t
- An additional day off to celebrate your Birthday \t
- Family is massively important to us, so we have a broad range of family-friendly working policies in place, including enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave \t
- Company Pension scheme \t
- All employees are covered by our Life Assurance policy whilst working at Superdry. We feel it\u2019s important to offer protection for your family and loved ones in such a situation and to support this we offer life assurance cover which pays a lump sum equivalent either twice or four times your annual salary \t
- A big staff discount \u2013 naturally. Because we know that you love to wear Superdry, you\u2019ll benefit from a 50% discount in store and online \t
- Our Head Office is home to our very own store for staff only where you can treat yourself to heavily discounted sample stock \t
- A health cash plan is open to all employees. \t
- Flexible working - to help you achieve that all-important work-life balance \t
- Access to onsite parking and as part of our sustainable development goals, we have a selection of electrical car parking points freely available to staff. \t
- A range of learning and development materials to help you in your career and grow with us \t
- We like to give back, so we allow our employees time off for volunteering work \t
- A global employee assistance plan in place that you can access anytime you want - it\u2019s free and confidential \t
- You\u2019ll also have access to a Cycle To Work Scheme and an excellent Car contract hire\/purchase scheme \t
- A range of local discounts with businesses across Gloucestershire
At Superdry, everyone has a voice and we want to hear it. We create environments where individuality can flourish and is celebrated as part of who we are as a brand. We\u2019re incredibly proud that over 90% of our people feel strongly that they can be themselves at work.
We want to meet people with varied backgrounds because we understand that diversity of thought encourages new ideas to thrive, fuelling creativity and enabling us to do better work. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, styles, perspectives, and skills; we hire people based on their merit and potential.
We also welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Superdry and will always accommodate it where possible.
Please also have a look at our career website. Here you can find information about the Growing Futures Programme, a scheme that supports applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds to apply for roles at our HO in Cheltenham.
About the company
Superdry have been making world class product for 15 years, and we\u2019re proud of it. Our mission is to inspire and engage the contemporary style obsessed consumer, whilst leaving a positive environmental legacy.
Together, we have built a brand that has cut through the global apparel market at record speed, taking market share from brands that have existed for decades. But we have a big opportunity ahead of us as we launch 4 new collections.
We are now on an exciting journey to reset our brand and return to our design-led roots and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.