Software Engineer, Marketing Technology - Creative Production Platform
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
What will you work on?
Nike’s Creative Production platform empowers creative professionals in our Marketing teams to tell the story of our products. We use the newest technology and cloud services to automate the production of the images and video for nike.com. Relying on mutual respect, learning and communication, we use agile methods and open-source software to build the future of sport.
Who are we looking for?
As a Software Engineer you will partner with product managers to design, construct and modernize novel software solutions using agile practices. You will team with other developers to participate in code review bringing your experience and dedication to software quality and continuous deployment. You will be part of making meaningful technology decisions and also support the platform in production working directly with marketing professionals. Your success will most often be found in working collaboratively in your own team and in Nike's larger Global Technology organization. You will build a reputation of accurately estimating and delivering strong work with high quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or relevant professional experience, education, and training.
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 5 years of experience with design and architecture and testing/launching software products
- Passionate about building software solutions for marketing professionals
- Dedication to team-building using agile methods
- Experience configuring and deploying AWS services e.g. EC2, RDS, security groups, CloudFront, S3, Lambda
- Comfortable using continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience in full-stack development e.g., HTML, CSS, services
- Experience with customization of digital asset management (DAM) systems e.g., Nuxeo, Alfresco, Bynder
- Experience with creative production workflow automation tools for image and video e.g., frame.io, CreativeForce.io, ProofHQ, Adobe Workfront
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite e.g., Photoshop, Premiere
- Experience with streaming video platforms
- Dedication to observability using tools e.g. New Relic, Splunk
- Experience tuning and configuring relational datastores and search indexes e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch, Open Search
- Solid understanding of code branching strategies using source control systems e.g., git
- Experience with caching and CDN solutions
- Experience with workflow solutions and standards e.g., Activiti, Flowable, Pega, BPMN
- Experience with building and supporting cross-platform apps e.g., Electron
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.