Software Engineering Manager - Planning & Manufacturing Technology
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.Who we are looking for
As a Release Engineering Manager, you will join the release engineering practice across several application teams. This broader team of release engineers serves our direct to consumer and enterprise business. You will lead a team of engineers: hiring, training, mentoring, and prioritizing, with the larger release engineering team. We work in a fast paced environment and need people who are able to provide flexible, reliable, self-service, easy-to-understand release automation to environment.What you will work on
- Lead a development team delivering end-to-end technology solutions in support of the Inventory Forecasting capabilities.
- Ensures team is using Nike’s Global Technology delivery methodology to develop Forecasting Capabilities.
- Knows the latest with industry trends and leads development of key innovation platforms.
- Develops and leads team metrics.
- Accountable for growing & developing Engineering team by attracting top industry talent
- Works closely with Planning & Manufacturing leadership to develop Engineering vision, strategy and execution plans that are aligned with business outcomes
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Enterprise Capability (SEC) to develop a balanced roadmap for Inventory forecasting Engineering capability
- Partners with Technical Product Management and Business Product Management to ensure outcomes is aligned with teams expectations
- Partners with Engineering Directors and other Engineering Managers to broad an effective team and partnership with customers
WHAT YOU BRING
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 8+ years hands on experience in Application configuration/development, testing with a focus on any of the Planning solutions.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Enterprise Technology Solutions including end-to-end Business Blueprinting, development, testing, support, and post implementation tech solution refinement.
- 6+ years' working as an Application Engineer within a global IT environment having a diverse landscape.
- 2+ years' leading, coaching, and supporting 2 or more developers concurrently (preferred)
- Excellent understanding of business processes in Enterprise Planning – preferably in Inventory Planning and optimization.
- Hands on development and configuration in supporting product needs. Experience in any of the COTS Planning solutions like APO, o9, BlueYonder, etc., is a plus.
- Team leading, Team co-ordination, Team Guidance, handle the Functional work, Client Interaction, help team to complete the developments and meet the time frame.
- Should have confirmed experience in implementing Enterprise solutions on cloud technologies. Relevant experience on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience in working with 3rd party integration tools like NiFi, Kafka, etc.
- Strong data profiling and analysis experience using SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect both business and technical teams.
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organization environment.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Must excel working in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Demonstration of strong influencing skills
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.