OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear-focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear's Digital Technology (CDT) group enables an IT infrastructure and applications across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
The Solution Architect provides perspective, leadership, and technical expertise in defining solutions that align with CDT standards and achieve business goals. This position serves as a key role in defining strategy, driving innovation, and supporting solution delivery to ensure successful implementation of product capabilities and features. The Solution Architect forms strategy on integration, ensuring effectiveness and cohesion across Columbia's CDT marketing technology landscape.
The primary focus will be on key Enterprise Marketing Technologies ranging from Consumer Segmentation and Insights, Membership/Loyalty Programs, Digital Asset Management, Social Engagement, email Marketing, Customer Data Platform and more.
Scope and scale of responsibilities involve business-critical products, domains, or enterprise technologies.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Architecture planning and recommendations for particular product, domain, or landscape evolution - capabilities, applications, services, patterns and practices.
- Planning for legacy system(s) if applicable - architecture end-of-life workarounds and mitigation, sunset planning.
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Engagement on business process, capabilities roadmaps, adoption roadmap, and strategy.
- Application and data landscape analysis and documentation, advocacy for unified enterprise approach to ensure consistency.
- Participate in the design, development, documentation and application of best practices and procedures that govern implementations
- Project and program support.
- Works closely with delivery teams to deliver solutions that are reliable, flexible, scalable, and provide low-cost ownership
- Architecture liaison between business teams, technical teams and Columbia leadership. Coordination with teams to drive technical design and architecture. Provide technical mentoring, guidance, and training throughout the organization
- Stay informed of current technologies and best practices promoting technology capabilities through best practices with strong customer focus.
- Monitor IT trends to identify new capabilities with a focus on innovation. Provide technology guidance and insight to the business and technology leaders.
- Leverage research, case studies, and prototypes to develop leading edge solutions that increase business value.
- Advocate and drive adoption of enterprise architectural standards to ensure standardization of solution designs across CDT.
- Work closely with other solution architects, enterprise architects and technical architects in resolving complex enterprise IT architectural issues, mitigate risks, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
- Design solutions to be adaptable, comprehensive, configurable and scalable to minimize technical debt and total cost of ownership.
- Support engineering teams and ensure solid technical architecture in consistency to company's architecture principles. Provide input to technical designs and specification.
- Work with integration teams in design of required services and integrations with multiple hardware and software environments.
- Engage with external vendors and their technology teams to ensure architectural standards align with commercial software standards.
- A thought leader that is consultative in their approach
- An influencer that can drive common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams
- Passionate about cloud platform and solutions
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- A creative strategic thinker with the ability to solve complex problems; able to exercise independent judgment in a highly complex global environment using leading-edge technology and/or integrating diverse systems
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiating and marketing skills to work with users, senior management, and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordinated activity across functional and organizational lines
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Consulting leadership experience with cloud based solutions, services, and integrations.
- Exposure to Marketing processes and solutions
- 5 - 8 years' professional experience and strong competency with the various tools, systems or procedures required to accomplish the job
- Highly skilled at creating compelling solution presentations covering vendor packaged applications, cloud-based applications or services and other applications. Comfortable in managing integration with complex systems environments.
- Expertise in application lifecycle management tools and methodologies as well as agile methodologies.
- Strong team orientation and ability to thrive on virtual, international, cross-functional teams, and experienced in facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Provide transparent, honest status and communication to business stakeholders and leadership, partners and direct reports
- Strong analytic skills, including ability to rapidly gather data, structure hypotheses, and develop synthesized findings/recommendations
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.