Job descriptionSolutions Architect
If you're fed up trying to make a difference working in a corporate environment strangled by red tape, endless process and governance then Boohoo technology is the place for you.
Boohoo technology is a very special place to work. We have an incredibly diverse, noncorporate workplace where the fun, learn fast culture breeds innovation and creative thinking. Allowing us to implement new technology faster than anybody. You'll be working on ideas that drive real visible business impact in weeks not months or years.
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to join our Boohoo Technology team. If you're passionate about technology? Thrive working in an innovative, vibrant environment? then we would love to hear from you.
We started out as one brand with only three team members in 2006, today we are now made up of 13 amazing brands and counting, we have offices all over the world and we've grown to a 6,000+ strong team we call our boohoo family - and we don't plan on stopping yet. We have big ambitions, huge potential and a clear strategy to continually evolve and grow the business. It's a seriously exciting time to join us and influence the next chapter of our success.
In Tech, we're proud to support every brand and every function. We're a digital-first company that is totally cloud-native. We embrace change and future-proof the business, delivering critical customer-facing and internal stakeholder-facing systems. Everything from colleague tech to front-end websites and apps, buying and merchandising tooling and all that's in-between, we take care of it. Our ideas support and drive the Group's agenda.
Working closely with the Chief Architect, as a key member of the Architecture team you'll have a chance to have real impact on the direction of the group and see immediate business impact.
Keeping on the pulse of the latest innovation and technology trends is a key part of the role and making recommendations on enhancing and evolving the Boohoo technology stack. It's not just about delivering solutions; you'll help design and deliver the technology strategy and roadmap for our new products too.
Working with our engineering teams you'll create technology solutions using architectural patterns and standards and ensuring these are observed across all of technology and change.
In your day-to-day role you will:
- Take responsibility for the design of End-to-End solutions which meet the present and future requirements
- Work closely with other Architects, Product Owners, Technical Leads and Business Analysts to produce Architectural Designs to be presented to delivery teams.
- Work to define standards and patterns within the Boohoo Technology Reference Architecture.
- Sit on the Architecture Review Board ensuring compliance of designs to business functional and non-functional requirements and adherence to our IT vision and strategy, Architecture guidelines, Regulatory requirements, and industry best practice
- Stay abreast of technology and industry trends and capabilities
As a Solution Architect in a pure play online retailer you will have a passion for technological innovation and be up to date with cutting edge technologies with the ability to work across highly complex environment.
- Experience of leading large complex cross domain or cross product designs
- Expert designer, as a Solution Architect you must have expert technical skills and experience that will enable delivery
- Detailed practical knowledge of an Enterprise IT infrastructure and Software Development and maintenance methods, tools, and techniques
- Broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of areas of specialisation
- Good understanding of user experience on customer facing systems.
- Understanding high performance customer facing systems, in particular how to mitigate high amounts of traffic, which is sometimes difficult to predict.
- Experience of collaborating and integrating with third party services as the primary technical contact.
- Understanding of data modelling and caching for performance.
- Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools, and best practice (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Microservice and API-led architecture and integration design tools, techniques, and best practice.
- Event-based architecture design, patterns (including pub-sub and data streaming), modelling techniques, tools, and standards.
- Retail experience is of benefit but not essential
- Experience of Web and App creation
- Awareness of "Headless" modular architectures
- Loves to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to communicate with technical & non-technical stakeholders, developers, and managers.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills both written and verbal - able to effectively engage a non-technical audience on key technical issues.
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Driven to succeed and deliver results.
We've set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we're 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You'll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Contributory pension scheme
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There's up to 40% discount off our all our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-LC1 #LI-HYBRID #TECH