Solutions Architect - Customer
Job descriptionSolutions Architect - Customer
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
The Solution Architect is responsible for defining and assuring the solution architecture for the projects / initiatives within it. The role is responsible for high level design, detailed design assurance, and supporting the development and implementation of the solution through all environments to production.
The Solution Architect is responsible for exploring potential solution options and making a clear recommendation by evaluating the fit to business need and enterprise architecture, as well as assessing the feasibility, cost, risk, benefits and the ongoing support implications.
They are also responsible for guiding vendor and product selection where required to ensure a strong fit for both the project need and the longer-term business ambitions.
As Solutions Architect you will:
- Define and maintain the solution architecture
- Work closely with business stakeholders, BAs, POs and wider
- Analyse options
- Review third party designs
- Work with the Enterprise Architect(s) to ensure alignment with IT strategy, principles, enterprise architecture and domain architectures
- Lead the selection of any new vendors,
- Assist with the planning and estimation process
- Ensure the solution is delivered as designed
- Challenge existing thinking
- Ensure all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to Selfridges and that opportunities to improve are identified and actioned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Desirable to be from an omni-channel retail organisation or a leading management consultancy, however other industries will be considered. Ideally covering the customer domain
- Comfortable with both packaged and bespoke applications
- Able to work with business stakeholders and communicating complex ideas and solution options in a simple and resonant way
- Familiar with modelling tools and techniques
- Experienced with different delivery lifecycles and service delivery methods
- Able to rapidly analyse and understand functions and operation of existing solutions and capabilities of new technologies
- A motivated self-starter, enthusiastic, resilient, personally effective, pro-active with a flexible attitude to work
- Have strong strategic and analytical problem-solving skills, has a keen attention to detail and a good commercial sense;
- Able to build strong relationships and credibility
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Communicate information in a relevant and concise fashion, mindful of and tailored to the audience
- Prioritise work and remain focussed on the most critical tasks, ensuring time and resources are used efficiently and effectively
- Confident, able to make tough decisions and stick to them when questioned
About the Company
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.