Sourcing Manager-Sustainable Packaging
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
- Develop and lead sourcing strategies for packaging, effectively handle suppliers and internal networks to deliver future and best in class quality and design.
- Lead onboarding of new packaging vendors. Ensures that Packaging suppliers provide certified Sustainable packaging and can produce to our quality standards.
- Source and negotiate sustainable packaging components for full package product ensuring the best value and quality.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to manage packaging supplier certification process for sustainability to ensure all suppliers are up to date with all necessary certifications.
- Consistently deliver on measurable and strategic goals to enable competitive advantage to bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership. Track and drive the Sustainable packaging KPIs
- Develop and deploy packaging policy and initiatives, in collaboration with supporting teams
- Train and educate Packaging and Product Development teams, on Sustainable Claims and other sustainable packaging topics and tools.
- Partner with Sr. Packaging Specialists to build Material libraries / pricing / specs / standards for sustainable packaging
- Effectively collaborate and build strong relationships with key partners including strategic sourcing peers, merchants, product development teams, packaging teams, sustainability, legal, and Global buying offices.
- Travels overseas as needed to visit packaging suppliers and product vendors for review of packaging products currently in production and assesses the factories
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging packaging trends and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in the packaging field with knowledge of packaging design and expertise in sourcing and costing of sustainable packaging components, raw material, supply chain or product sustainability experience preferred
- Knowledge and relationships with sustainable packaging vendors is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the apparel and/or home industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with product sustainability standards and certifications including GOTS, Oeko-Tex, GRS, OCS and FSC.
- Advanced MS Excel skills that can be used to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics to help drive decision-making
- Proven track record to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a solutions-oriented approach
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external partners
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.