Sourcing & Product Development Manager (Denim) – CALVIN KLEIN
- Establish consistent communication with hub teams/vendors regarding concerns on proper sample execution and costing, throughout the development process. Mitigate challenges up-front.
- Must be a strategic thinker who can drive corporate initiatives while also managing day-to-day responsibilities including ad-hoc projects, requiring quick turn.
- Proactive management of potential issues; driving to resolution with cross functional teams.
- Identify potential business risk as well as opportunities for improvement; escalating where necessary and offering suggestions to address.
- Seek personal/professional development.
- Drives the product development and commercialization process, working in collaboration with the internal / external cross functional partners (Design, Merchandising, Raw Materials, Technical Design, Sourcing, Hubs, Vendors & factories) to deliver product that meets business requirements for quality, aesthetic and price.
- Drive pre-season product development, taking ownership on higher level initiatives and delegating where appropriate.
- Strategic style allocation which supports vendor strategy, product elevation and cost saving opportunities
- Lead product engineering efforts to build product into target costs while maintaining design integrity.
- Foster continuous communication with design and raw material partners to ensure collaboration / alignment throughout the development process.
- Ensure accuracy of costing, challenging where appropriate using product knowledge and/or history.
- Lead initiatives that support tech pack accuracy to drive future, data-driven systems forward.
- Partner closely with hub/vendor partners to ensure clear understanding of vendor capabilities and drive initiatives to expand competencies where needed.
- Concrete knowledge of product costs – able to identify price distortions and engage cross functional partners for solutions.
- Facilitate & participate in seasonal product reviews to evaluate sample execution and alignment to tech pack requirements.
- Drive cross-functional calendar adherence and alert cross-functional partners to calendar implications/business impact, should deliverables be missed.
- Collaborate with PVH offshore offices and factories directly on daily tasks.
- Partner with Raw Materials, QA, Technical and Hub Partners to ensure a seasonal risk assessment is complete.
- Lead sustainable Denim initiatives with vendors and offshore teams.
- Facilitate raw material booking for Denim protos between Design and Vendors.
- Oversee Late Add process and Line Finalization meetings.
- Responsible for AA cost closure and alignment with business on cost approvals as required.
- Drive vendor counter-sourcing initiatives, in alignment with the Sourcing Strategy.
- Lead new vendor onboarding with cross-functional teams, ensuring vendors are connecting with all internal partners as needed to execute production.
- Facilitate vendor meetings to review in-season development, production & delivery challenges.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Product Development / Production
- Firm understanding of Product construction and costing
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Product development, textile or manufacturing-related background is preferred.
- Experience in working with both development and production teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced setting.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to meet team deadlines
- Flexible and Adaptable to change
- Solution Oriented
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Proficient in Excel. Ability to create, update, and format data for tracking and reporting by using pivot tables and formulas
- Knowledge of PLM /WEB PDM/ Adobe a plus
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
In season responsibilities for assigned product category
Product category management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH