Special Projects & Events Manager
The Condé Nast Style Division is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, hard- working, and experienced Special Projects & Events Manager to join our biggest commercial department - responsible for ideating, managing, and delivering both large and small-scale events and special projects across the Condé Nast portfolio of world-class brands, including GLAMOUR and Vogue.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the execution of events with great contacts within the events and lifestyle industries. Collaborating with Condé Nast’s commercial departments and ideating new project and event ideas is key, as is overseeing our extensive portfolio of existing special projects and events across our portfolio of media brands, including tentpole events such as the GLAMOUR Women of the Year Awards, brand dinners, in-house panel conversations, various consumer initiatives and other special brand partnerships.
The successful candidate will be required to generate and deliver new creative ideas for brand collaborations and events, and be calm and efficient under pressure, and deliver projects within healthy profit margins and to the highest standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Manage brand-specific events nationwide from ideation, through production to execution including executing the GLAMOUR Woman of the Year Awards
- Proposing, planning and developing experiential activities as required, including project managing bespoke events to ensure professional planning and execution of all experiential activities
- Adept in managing all aspects of event planning, including content and program development, design, AV production, vendor and agency management, logistics, invitations, promotion, etc.
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders on sourcing talent
- Support commercial team in driving incremental revenue via special partnerships and sponsorships
- Collaborate with commercial team on project ideation and brand pitches
- Closely liaise with editorial teams on events and special projects
- Responsible for negotiation with key event suppliers, venues and production companies
- Manage event and project P&L’s to meet specific profit margins
- Maintain strong relationships with key clients across the industry
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3 years’ end to end event experience with experience of successful event delivery across scale and budget
- Strong contacts with sponsors, talent, drinks, florists and venues to offer favourable deals
- Awareness and understanding of large- and small-scale production companies to partner with and an ability to create major impact with small budgets
What happens next? If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.