Specialist, Art Director - MMN
Macy’s Media Network launched in 2020 with a mission to connect brands to consumers through data-driven marketing solutions. With more than 44M active customers annually, more than 500 stores, and one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the US, Macy’s aspires to become the premier destination for fashion brands seeking to reach relevant audiences with personalized content. Macy’s Media Network is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our growing team.
Job OverviewTheArt Directoris responsible for creating and supporting all customer digital experiences for Macy’s Media Network. From ideation to execution, this role will be working as a conceptual thinker and stellar designer. You have a passion for design, typography, photography and how to create narrative. As an Art Director, you have a strong brand expertise as you will be partnering with a large scope of our brand clients (Beauty, Fashion, Home) to create various and unique digital customer experiences. Through collaboration with cross-functional teams you will help to consistently elevate the brand by providing innovative design solutions and delivering engaging and seamless experiences for our customers. You must be able to multitask in various scenarios, while keeping high quality design standards as the ultimate focus.
- Help to stand up Creative Services as an additional revenue stream for Macy’s Media Network (e.g., in-house creation of creative assets, photography services)
- Support premium / custom campaign landing pages by collaborating with clients from concept to execution, providing design, typography and photography direction when necessary
- Evolve templates for enhanced campaign landing pages to continuously expand our campaign landing page offering
- Provide overall art direction for multi-brand campaigns, communicating with clients and Macy’s Photo Studio to provide guidance, curate, implement and ensure quality of creative assets
- Lead on a project basis to develop editorial concepts, design concepts, and photo concepts for Vendors’ campaigns
- Create mood boards and image swipes to influence casting and photo art Direction
- Participate proactively in discussions and brainstorming with stakeholders across the business to develop the concept that meets the brief objectives.
- Research with enthusiasm and bring new creative ideas to the table that can translate the current fashion trends to new digital content and experiences.
- Design and build visually engaging and functional digital experiences to support brand marketing strategies.
- Visualize ideas/concepts in various materials-comps, templates, presentation decks…with the cohesive branded design system.
- Ensure the final outcomes across all channels are high quality.
- Present design work to creative leaders and relevant stakeholders.
- Plans, prioritizes and produces a high volume of work - takes ownership from start to finish
- Give and receive feedback generously, advocate for quality, learn new tools and processes, grow your craft in new ways, and stay up to date on best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in advertising design/visual communication or comparable experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Art Director at agencies or in-house in the fashion/retail industry.
- Experience working with Photo Studio
- Portfolio demonstrating design and advertising communications proficiency
- Understanding of all aspects of digital design process
- Be hands on with strong and clean visual sense, photography direction, design skills, typography, color, layout and attention to detail
- Strong experience creating a cohesive visual system, as well as the ability to maintain an overarching aesthetic across channels
- Strong portfolio that represents high quality visual and storytelling with branded executions
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Passion about fashion, design and technology
- Workstations: Mac OS
- Proficiency in design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Working knowledge of industry-standard technology (HTML, CSS responsive web design…etc.)
- Motion or video editing are a plus.
- Excellent Communication skillse of MS Office computer programs are required