Specialist, Art Director - Mmn
Macy's Media Network launched in 2020 with a mission to connect brands to consumers through data-driven marketing solutions. With more than 44M active customers annually, more than 500 stores, and one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the US, Macy's aspires to become the premier destination for fashion brands seeking to reach relevant audiences with personalized content. Macy's Media Network is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our growing team.
- Help to stand up Creative Services as an additional revenue stream for Macy's Media Network (e.g., in-house creation of creative assets, photography services)
- Support premium / custom campaign landing pages by collaborating with clients from concept to execution, providing design, typography and photography direction when necessary
- Evolve templates for enhanced campaign landing pages to continuously expand our campaign landing page offering
- Provide overall art direction for multi-brand campaigns, communicating with clients and Macy's Photo Studio to provide guidance, curate, implement and ensure quality of creative assets
- Lead on a project basis to develop editorial concepts, design concepts, and photo concepts for Vendors' campaigns
- Create mood boards and image swipes to influence casting and photo art Direction
- Participate proactively in discussions and brainstorming with stakeholders across the business to develop the concept that meets the brief objectives.
- Research with enthusiasm and bring new creative ideas to the table that can translate the current fashion trends to new digital content and experiences.
- Design and build visually engaging and functional digital experiences to support brand marketing strategies.
- Visualize ideas/concepts in various materials-comps, templates, presentation decks...with the cohesive branded design system.
- Ensure the final outcomes across all channels are high quality.
- Present design work to creative leaders and relevant stakeholders.
- Plans, prioritizes and produces a high volume of work - takes ownership from start to finish
- Give and receive feedback generously, advocate for quality, learn new tools and processes, grow your craft in new ways, and stay up to date on best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in advertising design/visual communication or comparable experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Art Director at agencies or in-house in the fashion/retail industry.
- Experience working with Photo Studio
- Portfolio demonstrating design and advertising communications proficiency
- Understanding of all aspects of digital design process
- Be hands on with strong and clean visual sense, photography direction, design skills, typography, color, layout and attention to detail
- Strong experience creating a cohesive visual system, as well as the ability to maintain an overarching aesthetic across channels
- Strong portfolio that represents high quality visual and storytelling with branded executions
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Passion about fashion, design and technology
- Workstations: Mac OS
- Proficiency in design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Working knowledge of industry-standard technology (HTML, CSS responsive web design...etc.)
- Motion or video editing are a plus.
- Excellent Communication skillse of MS Office computer programs are required